PDA

View Full Version : Importing iTunes lib into amaroK

gsmith
July 31st, 2005, 07:25 PM
I wrote a simple java application that reads an iTunes XML library and updates an amaroK MySQL database so I could keep my iTunes ratings information around. Is a tool that does this something anyone would be interested in having access to? I wouldn't mind posting the code somewhere if so.

Sav
August 5th, 2005, 10:20 AM
I wrote a simple java application that reads an iTunes XML library and updates an amaroK MySQL database so I could keep my iTunes ratings information around. Is a tool that does this something anyone would be interested in having access to? I wouldn't mind posting the code somewhere if so.

Hi, I'm interested, but I'm not a developer, so can you post the full application?

gsmith
August 7th, 2005, 10:45 PM
The tool is pretty "dumb" now in that it only does exactly what I wanted it to do (read and write a single field) but I could beef it up a bit before making a build available. Is there any specific task you're looking for it to do?

muro
November 15th, 2007, 09:35 AM
You can use the itunes rating import script that can be found on the amarok script page, or directly on he authors (me) page: http://zanfishen.com/delights/itunesratings.html