And?

Fbot1
August 24th, 2007, 04:44 AM
And?

That's it.

vexorian
August 24th, 2007, 04:54 AM
They are simply removing evidence.

The lead of that campaign is now in Massachusets running a "research" about OpenXML vs. ODF...

Fbot1
August 24th, 2007, 04:59 AM
They are simply removing evidence.

The lead of that campaign is now in Massachusets running a "research" about OpenXML vs. ODF...

Of "Get the Facts"?

vexorian
August 24th, 2007, 05:04 AM
yep.

have you taken a look to the new compare site? It is actually worse than get the facts, this is terrible FUD, aw god save us.

Seriously, will at least my grand kids see a world in which companies have to make a good quality product instead of making up these pages?, oh god.

arsenic23
August 24th, 2007, 05:11 AM
So did anyone read any of the reports on the new site?

I did, I choose one at random and began reading it.
First, on the website, Microsoft states that this is an independant test conducted by a 3rd party ( funded by Microsoft ), and that it is a fair test of the reliability of two setups: Windows Server and SuSe Enterprise Server. The information on the website states that Windows wins 14 to nothing in one catagory and 0 to -3 in another.

So I went and downloaded the actual report. I haven't read it all, but the first thing it does is redefine reliability.

Historically, measures of “reliability” have boiled down to benchmarks taken in isolation,
pitting components such as the Linux kernel against BSD or the Windows operating
system. Measures such as these treat a system as a collection of individual components,
and assume that measuring “reliability” as “uptime” of components in isolation can
support broader conclusions about the reliability of an entire system. Comparisons like
these fail to capture “reliability” from a real-world business perspective, however,
because they do not address IT pain.

Also in the same report:

To be clear, the focus of this paper is to present a
comparison methodology that can be applied and built upon. The sample, although too
small to provide conclusive statistical comparisons, illustrates the methodology and
begins to shed light on some key model differences between the platforms.

So the people who did the report even state that the data is not solid, but that the entire thing was only done to create a new method for testing reliability.

weatherman1293
August 24th, 2007, 05:17 AM
I've never even heard of the campaign.

Spr0k3t
August 24th, 2007, 06:30 AM
I'm debating registering "WhattheFUD.com" complete with a open source reporting style copyright of creative commons. The details of the site would be to do nothing but pick apart the innacuracies and opinions of that site.

eentonig
August 24th, 2007, 06:41 AM
I'm going to miss "The Facts", hope the new site is getting to be at least as amusing.

swoll1980
August 24th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Can't be any worse than what Linux sites say about ms

lyceum
August 24th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I am just wondering where I can sign up to be a third party and let MS know what I think of them vs FOSS, as an average user.

:popcorn:

proalan
August 24th, 2007, 12:36 PM
That site is hilarious, particularly the section 'the facts about security' where it merely states in bullet points increased security with no other reference to why nix isn't secure. Perhaps a bold styled bullet point will make this even more true lol.

curuxz
August 24th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I'm debating registering "WhattheFUD.com" complete with a open source reporting style copyright of creative commons. The details of the site would be to do nothing but pick apart the innacuracies and opinions of that site.

dont you would probs get sued :(

Sporkman
August 24th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I've never even heard of the campaign.

(I think this is the same thing):

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=527552

vexorian
August 25th, 2007, 12:51 AM
"windows server is interoperable by design" ...

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/server/microsoft_fud_watch_82407.html

That's a good article, pretty elightening as well, this new compare campaign is targetting unix in general, not just Linux, that's the major difference between it and get the facts.

Tundro Walker
August 25th, 2007, 02:17 AM
So the people who did the report even state that the data is not solid, but that the entire thing was only done to create a new method for testing reliability.

As the MythBusters say...

"I deny your reality, and substitute my own!"