PDA

View Full Version : Open Source Video University Project

nhydra
August 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
This is project with video tutorials for many Open Source applications.It is more suitable for basic users but some gurus probably will be interested to see it too. The tutorials are in flash files so everybody can see it online.
There are video tutorials about GNOME and Anjuta IDE available now.
Here is the address:
Open Source Video University (http://oss.nhydra.com/)

Paul S
August 25th, 2007, 07:57 PM
This is project with video tutorials for many Open Source applications. <snip> The tutorials are in flash files so everybody can see it online.

Maybe you should include a tutorial on how to make open source vidoes to replace the closed source flash. Here's a better idea: make 1 video on how to set up a windows box to view ogg content. Then make the rest of your videos in ogg. I'm serious, not just flaming. I notice that once Dell started selling linux, they started offering their videos in different formats, including ogg. But, I haven't yet found how they produce them. Of course, ogg can run on windows too, So, maybe if you added such a tutorial. You could get the cart rolling toward open source.

regards,

nhydra
August 25th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I never thought about videos in ogg. This is definitely good idea.