PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu HCL - Hardware Compatibility List

athertek
August 22nd, 2007, 09:42 PM
Hey, I have started an Ubuntu HCL, but we need people to go on there and post reviews! We have about 40 reviews but need more!

Check it out - www.ubuntuhcl.org

chimp_rex
September 4th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Great! This is going to be very usual for those who have HC problems. Thanks! :guitar:

some_random_noob
September 4th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Cool, I'll go nuts.

Edit: I have an Emprex DVD drive, but Emprex isn't on the list. Wtf? It also says "BTC" on the box.

lyceum
September 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM
once you sign up, can you add hardware to the list? I have a few PCs I could review for you. Great site by the way, great idea!

:guitar:

samb0057
September 4th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Cool, I'll go nuts.

Edit: I have an Emprex DVD drive, but Emprex isn't on the list. Wtf? It also says "BTC" on the box.

I'll add emprex to the list right now!

samb0057
September 4th, 2007, 01:44 PM
once you sign up, can you add hardware to the list? I have a few PCs I could review for you. Great site by the way, great idea!

:guitar:

Yes, it is possible to review hardware in the database or add your own hardware product! However you cannot add a manufacturer or category.

Let me know if you need me to add a manufacturer or category.

some_random_noob
September 5th, 2007, 12:00 AM
I've submitted reviews for my computer, my monitor and my DVD drive. Anyone beating me? :lolflag:

Also, if I rate a "1/10" does that make the rating go up or down??

lyceum
September 5th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Yes, it is possible to review hardware in the database or add your own hardware product! However you cannot add a manufacturer or category.

Let me know if you need me to add a manufacturer or category.

Could you add e-machine to desk top? Everything else I use is Dell or Compact.

I also screwed up and put my laptop review in the Desktop category (sorry!) I tried to delete it and rewrite it in Laptop, but it kept showing up in desk top for some reason.