GNU PHOTO
GNU MOVIE
GNU TUNES
GNU WEB
GNU DVD
GNU BAND

JW

- movieperson4

The applications all exist independently. Ubuntu has its own 'iLife' type thing - its is apps that are included in gnome and the distro. I just do not see a reason to fork or create new applications for a suite - gnome picks application to become part of their releases according to how they interact and fit into the system. So while apple keeps their OS and their iLife independent, we make them them both part of our Ubuntu-desktop.

Gnome may not have all those apps but the others are non essential and can be found only an apt-get away. Since they also integrate well into gnome its even better.

phrostbyte
August 22nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Yes, it should be included in a distro called iBuntu, and have a big wallpaper of Steve Jobs raining fire down on the unbelivers.

igknighted
August 22nd, 2007, 09:04 PM
Why, so the apple fanboys can claim another thing "stolen from OS X"?

ry4n
August 22nd, 2007, 09:08 PM
So why doesn't somebody start a suite like ilife for GNU or Ubuntu
like:
GNU PHOTO
GNU MOVIE
GNU TUNES
GNU WEB
GNU DVD
GNU BAND

JW

- movieperson4

Really what we are missing is GNU band and GNU movie we are doing pretty good on the other stuff.... especially since I think there should be a more professional type of audio program then audacity

at least that is what i think

tehkain
August 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM
Really what we are missing is GNU band and GNU movie we are doing pretty good on the other stuff.... especially since I think there should be a more professional type of audio program then audacity

at least that is what i think
Ardour - problem solved

http://ardour.org/

ry4n
August 22nd, 2007, 10:12 PM
Ardour - problem solved

http://ardour.org/

I think I will give it a try
:KS