PDA

View Full Version : Will need testers.

SOULRiDER
August 22nd, 2007, 03:19 AM
Hello forum users!
I have been making a program to find duplicate files in a specified location. It scans the location and sub directories finding files that even if with different names are the same.

The program is written in python which im starting to learn so its not as polished as i would like it to be yet.

I will soon post it, but I would first like to know if people are interested in it or not at all....

See ya!

Ek0nomik
August 22nd, 2007, 03:50 AM
I'd be willing to test if I can only have your beta software scan a certain directory and only look in that directory. :)

This way I can just create a directory and create duplicate files to see if the software works. Couldn't you just test the software on your box by itself?

SOULRiDER
August 22nd, 2007, 04:03 AM
Sure I can, but I also want to know what other people think.

Ek0nomik
August 22nd, 2007, 04:35 AM
Fair enough. :)

Shoot me a PM when you have it ready.

SOULRiDER
August 23rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Here is my program. I hope everyone likes it and finds it useful.

Im open to all suggestions and improvements :)

Acglaphotis
August 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM
So you hash every file and then compare the md5sums? Clever. I like it.

SOULRiDER
August 26th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I actually found a very bad flaw, i fixed it. Im gonna be uploading the new version tonight.

zvirack
August 26th, 2007, 11:43 PM
You can add your project to sourceforge to increase its exposure. That way you are sure to be contacted by people with feedback.

SOULRiDER
August 27th, 2007, 02:03 AM
I just posted a thread with the new version. I will think about that sourceforge idea too :)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3259008#post3259008

kwiwii
August 27th, 2007, 02:46 AM
Have a look at Double Killer for windows. It basically the same thing.
But you can chose from:
Names
Sizes
Dates
and CRC32-Checksums.

The list at the end is cool because you can select all the first duplicates or the last ones or do it manually.