PDA

View Full Version : New Car!!

jeffc313
August 22nd, 2007, 03:11 AM
A few days ago I got my first car. I got a SAAB 900se 2.0L Turbo with a 5 speed manual transmission. 82k miles and I paid 2500. Driving the car is very similar to driving my brothers BMW 318i (quiet, comfortable) but it is a lot quicker :lolflag:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/3315/00018ej5.jpg

Moustacha
August 22nd, 2007, 03:19 AM
Nice, beats my first (and only) car. Don't do anything stupid to wreck it/you :P

Iceni
August 22nd, 2007, 03:20 AM
Wow, congratulations! Looks to be in good shape:) Nice powerful engine that can give you a lot more horsepower easily (if you care about that stuff).

jeffc313
August 22nd, 2007, 03:52 AM
Wow, congratulations! Looks to be in good shape:) Nice powerful engine that can give you a lot more horsepower easily (if you care about that stuff).

yeah, I though about the viggen intercooler and and viggen (mitsubishi) turbo, but I figure that I should wait a little and save up.

ArtificialSynapse
August 22nd, 2007, 03:56 AM
I wouldn't worry about forced induction, stick to nice clean powerful natural aspiration mods. Exhaust, pullies, intake, injectors, sparkplugs, etc. etc.

If you want forced induction, it's usually best to get a brand new block and start from there.

EDIT: ohhhh, I see it's already turbo charged, nevermind!

Then I'd buy yourself a new intercooler and get the most you can out of the turbo you have!

jeffc313
August 22nd, 2007, 04:04 AM
I wouldn't worry about forced induction, stick to nice clean powerful natural aspiration mods. Exhaust, pullies, intake, injectors, sparkplugs, etc. etc.

If you want forced induction, it's usually best to get a brand new block and start from there.

EDIT: ohhhh, I see it's already turbo charged, nevermind!

Then I'd buy yourself a new intercooler and get the most you can out of the turbo you have!

already replaced the spark plugs and air filter... but its a fram air filter, I couldnt find the K&N

ArtificialSynapse
August 22nd, 2007, 04:09 AM
Lets see a picture of the airbox, you can probably just fit a standard cone airfliter into your airbox, that's what I did with my Teggy.

K&N filters are seriously the cheapest modification you can do for the most gain

mostafaberg
August 22nd, 2007, 04:12 AM
Sweet ride !:-),

but make sure to checkout all the hoses / fluids / brake lines / shock absorbers, and other mechanical parts !:-)

else, thats a fantastic ride I wish i had one of those !:-)

nike984
August 22nd, 2007, 04:18 AM
wonderful car for that price:)