PDA

View Full Version : Can we all pitch something in to tell the RIAA/MPAA/BSA how we really feel?

izanbardprince
August 21st, 2007, 09:40 PM
I was considering sending the following to their headquarters via UPS Ground.

(1) Bottle of vaseline.
(1) Bottle of No More Tears shampoo.
(1) Box of tampons.

(1) Note: "Compliments of the Ubuntu Forums - No questions asked"

Ralob
August 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM
i'm down with that :guitar:

Dr. C
August 22nd, 2007, 03:59 AM
Why include the BSA? They do help promote Free Libre Open Source Software.

Dimitriid
August 22nd, 2007, 04:20 AM
How about a bomb

Uuuh Uuuh a threat sue me! :lolflag:

goumples
August 22nd, 2007, 04:54 AM
We could prank call them and send them a whole bunch of pizzas that they didn't order! Viva La Resistance!

jrusso2
August 22nd, 2007, 05:01 AM
Best way to give them the message is to stop buying DRM music and movies. The more people who do this simple thing the sooner it will change.

Dropbear
August 22nd, 2007, 08:26 AM
*bares butt*

FurryNemesis
August 22nd, 2007, 09:13 AM
To the RIAA:

I'll buy your music when your media is tested by an independent lab of the consumers' choosing and certified ad and rootkit free. Not before. Also, stop bundling those damned media players with the video discs. They're not needed. Until then, I reserve the right to download clean MP3s off people I know, and more importantly, trust.

To the MPAA:

The names and work addresses of the members of the film censor board must be made public as they are here in the UK. All DVDs and future media must become region free - region coding is restriction. Don't even think about encrypting anything any more, or carrying on with the fig leaf of copy protection : you're wasting your time because whatever you come up with, it will always be cracked. I'll watch my films that I've bought on DVD, legally, when I want, how I want, on whatever device I want and you're not stopping me.

PS

Ph33r me, I watch anime on my mobile. That's how serious I am :p

bonzodog
August 22nd, 2007, 02:41 PM
From suprnova.org, yesterday:

"Finally, some words for non-internet loving companies: This is how it works. Whatever you sink, we build back up. Whomever you sue, ten new pirates are recruited. Wherever you go, we are already ahead of you. You are the past and the forgotten, we are the internet and the future."

Bungo Pony
August 22nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
Best way to give them the message is to stop buying DRM music and movies.

I never started buying this stuff :)

All my CDs, cassettes, LPs, 8-tracks, and whatever other format I have laying around (see my blog link in my sig for 4-track) is DRM-free. At least to my knowledge it is. I have no desire to buy blu-ray anything. Besides, it's technology developed by Sony (correct me if I'm wrong) and look at all the other great things Sony made: the rootkit CDs, exploding laptop batteries, 3.5" floppy disks.

toupeiro
August 22nd, 2007, 04:50 PM
You know, the only thing I would really like to say to the RIAA is that I find the hypocracy of you channel technologies like DRM through a company like Microsoft to attack your CUSTOMERS, and suing college students and colleges to be completely overwhelming! I am sure EVERYONE who has used a computer in the last ten years has downloaded a song that they didn't buy on CD, and possibly sent it to someone else.. No different than cassette or CD in my opinion, but not in yours.

However, I happen to still have a Windows 95 release A CD. And on said CD is the full music video of Buddy Holly by Weezer along with a motion picture preview of Rob Roy, along with I believe some other full length songs. I wonder if Microsoft had the foresight to protect themselves before distributing someone elses musical works to MILLIONS of their customers? Don't throw stones in glass houses!