PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Forums Fantasy Football League

ThrobbingBrain66
August 21st, 2007, 06:43 PM
I see there were some other threads that didn't get a very good response, but I'll give it a shot.

Anyone interested in an Ubuntu Forums Fantasy Football League?

It's American-style Football and I'll run it through Yahoo!(Informational link (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/football/index.html) for those not familiar with it)

There will be 10-12 teams (including myself) so I need 9-11 more players. I want to hold a live draft, so we'll have to figure out a good day/time for everyone to be there.

Once I get enough responses, I'll create the league and put the League Name and password here so everyone can join. Please use your Forum name as your team name.

No money will exchange hands...this is for bragging rights only.

notwen
August 21st, 2007, 06:54 PM
i'm in =]

DubbaJ
August 21st, 2007, 06:55 PM
Sounds like a great idea! I'd definitely be interested!

ThrobbingBrain66
August 22nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Anyone else interested?

Dark Star
August 22nd, 2007, 12:12 PM
Anyone else interested?
Sorry would have taken active part but due to exams am restricted .. :( So enjoy guys :)

ThrobbingBrain66
August 22nd, 2007, 02:36 PM
Sorry would have taken active part but due to exams am restricted .. :( So enjoy guys :)

The Draft would only take a max of 2 hours, then after that only 5-10 minutes every week to set your lineup.

ThrobbingBrain66
August 22nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
This idea is going over like a lead balloon

notwen
August 22nd, 2007, 08:06 PM
This idea is going over like a lead balloon

And here I was figuring we'd have to fight the numbers of w/ stick. Who would have thought, out of all of UbuntuForums, only 4-5 American football fans. *cheer*

ThrobbingBrain66
August 22nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
And here I was figuring we'd have to fight the numbers of w/ stick. Who would have thought, out of all of UbuntuForums, only 4-5 American football fans. *cheer*

I'd hate to spam the Forums, but maybe a thread in the Gaming forum would have been a better idea...

ricardisimo
October 5th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Anyone know if there's any Linux software for Fantasy sports? Perhaps something that will read the stats off of the AP wire for you and crunch the numbers? Thanks.

GSF1200S
October 5th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I'd hate to spam the Forums, but maybe a thread in the Gaming forum would have been a better idea...

I didnt see this thread, and im sure id suck at fantasy football. But, I will say GO PACKERS! Im sure you feel the same :)