PDA

View Full Version : Do you play NetHack?

AZzKikR
August 21st, 2007, 01:30 PM
Do you play NetHack (or derived works, like SLASH'EM), locally, or over the internet (nethack.alt.org)?

rolando2424
August 21st, 2007, 05:52 PM
I play nethack/angband/dungeon crawl sometimes, but it's only locally.

(Perhaps you should have made this poll in the Gamming forum).

insane_alien
August 21st, 2007, 05:56 PM
nethack all the way. i've tried some of the GUI versions but they never work properly for me(either maxing out CPU or just plain not working)

AZzKikR
August 22nd, 2007, 09:09 AM
(Perhaps you should have made this poll in the Gamming forum).

Yeah I should have, I noticed afterwards. Tried finding ways to move the thread but I there's no way for me.

I play only on nethack.alt.org, while idling on IRC :)

DirtDawg
October 31st, 2007, 08:17 AM
Does the Pope poop in the woods? Of course I Hack!

original_jamingrit
October 31st, 2007, 01:47 PM
I love those old roguelikes.

My favourite is ADOM.

justinmiller87
October 31st, 2007, 02:11 PM
Nethack, Nethack-gnome (still trying to figure out how to enter Wizard mode!), Falcon's Eye, and soon Vulture's Eye.

argie
October 31st, 2007, 03:32 PM
I used to play Nethack a bit, a long long time ago. Then, I found 'Reaping the Dungeon' and stopped playing Nethack. Then, I never played it again. I did try getting Vulture's Eye (or Falcon's Eye) some time last year but I only got an RPM and it didn't install properly. Then I got the other, Falcon's Eye (or Vulture's Eye) but I just can't seem to like it anymore.

Hortinstein
October 31st, 2007, 07:50 PM
yeah nethack is awesome...I play it sometimes when i am in class...gets some awkward looks, but its pretty fun. Play it a lot less since I discovered dofus though

meborc
October 31st, 2007, 07:54 PM
yes... my max score so far is a little over 11k... my favourite char is a barbarian :D ... i play to keep the lectures interesting... never made it down from dungeon lvl 10 though :(

locally...

Celegorm
October 31st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Yes. I also play angband and adom. I love roguelikes.

MindFlayer
October 31st, 2007, 08:25 PM
"The mind flayer's tentacles suck you! Your brain is eaten!"
"You die... Do you want your possessions identified? [ynq]"

dfreer
October 31st, 2007, 08:48 PM
I got into Angband in my windows days, on some Shareware CD that had like 300 games to play on it. Tried nethack out, but could never love it like I love angband (although puzzles would be awesome in angband). After playing it for all these years, I have yet to get very far :( I think my highest level char was like a 17

Githlar
November 5th, 2007, 12:50 AM
The first thing I did when I installed Linux was install the Nethack-console package. I tried other graphical front-ends, but they just aren't as cool as the console version. I had always wanted to play Nethack, but I never really got it until I installed Linux. I have to say it's probably the best game I've ever played =). It's just so addicting seeing how many ways you can die haha.