PDA

View Full Version : New LinuxMCE Edition and new video

geekphreak
August 21st, 2007, 02:21 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2176025602905109829&hl=en

The video is much better than the previous one, and there seems to be a lot of neat changes in the features as well.

www.linuxmce.org

I am dloading this right now. Gonna try it in a VM and see how much it intrigues me... Yes, I know, VM will not be a good measure, but still...

What do you think?

Ralob
August 21st, 2007, 03:03 AM
personally? i think it looks okay, but I am far more excited for the ongoing port of XBMC to Linux.

potrick
August 21st, 2007, 03:52 AM
They're porting XBMC to Linux?

*drolls*

Guess I won't have to find an old xbox on ebay.

Depressed Man
August 21st, 2007, 03:54 AM
Haha I wanna use a Wiimote with that.

Ralob
August 21st, 2007, 03:59 AM
They're porting XBMC to Linux?

*drolls*

Guess I won't have to find an old xbox on ebay.

yup yup yup. a work in progress, but it is in active development. check out their forums for more details.

FuturePilot
August 21st, 2007, 04:04 AM
The video isn't loading.

Depressed Man
August 21st, 2007, 04:37 AM
yup yup yup. a work in progress, but it is in active development. check out their forums for more details.

What's XBMC? Xbox Media Center? The one that connects to Windows Media Center? o.O

Ralob
August 21st, 2007, 03:03 PM
What's XBMC? Xbox Media Center? The one that connects to Windows Media Center? o.O

nah. check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBMC

Motoxrdude
August 21st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Ewww, linuxmce. I tried that once it it just all seemed... cheap. the ui looked like something from a preschool.
Maybe the new version is better?

Depressed Man
August 21st, 2007, 03:13 PM
Ah so it's a homebrew app. Though do you have to use an XBOX controller with it? And it seems (at least from youtube videos) that you can't network it (as it being the host and sending it out to others computers).

Though the menus look alot more polished.

Ralob
August 21st, 2007, 03:24 PM
Ah so it's a homebrew app. Though do you have to use an XBOX controller with it? And it seems (at least from youtube videos) that you can't network it (as it being the host and sending it out to others computers).

Though the menus look alot more polished.

no xbox controller necessary.

and it really is VERY polished. and updated constantly.