PDA

View Full Version : Any hockey fans out there?

jgrabham
August 21st, 2007, 01:42 AM
I cant be the only one :]

em007a
August 21st, 2007, 01:45 AM
Red Wings fan here!

They haven't performed well in the playoffs the last couple years but I'm not a fair-weather fan. I'll always be rooting for them! :)

jgrabham
August 21st, 2007, 01:51 AM
Haha, Im a pens and oilers fan in the nhl, but over here in Britain - Vipers all the way :D

WishingWell
August 21st, 2007, 02:02 AM
Maple Leafs all the way!

Hockey is the only sport i really care about.

WishingWell
August 21st, 2007, 02:04 AM
Haha, Im a pens and oilers fan in the nhl, but over here in Britain - Vipers all the way :D

Britain and hockey? You play Hockey in Britain?

jgrabham
August 21st, 2007, 02:18 AM
Britain and hockey? You play Hockey in Britain?

Yeah, were not exactly russia/Canada style, but the team i support has an average attendace of 2300, which is about the same for all the teams in the league.

WishingWell
August 21st, 2007, 02:26 AM
Yeah, were not exactly russia/Canada style, but the team i support has an average attendace of 2300, which is about the same for all the teams in the league.

I guess it's because i've never seen GB in the WC or the OS or the WorldCup.

I don't think people outside of Britain know much about GB teams but i'll look into it. :)

Or... it might just be because your so well known for your great football. I dunno. :)

Norway isn't all that good either, we've made the WC and the OS a few times but Sweden on the other hand, they won pretty much everything, OS AND WC all in one year.

They have Mats Sundin, he's the main reason i'm cheering for Maple Leafs too, used to play with him while he was playing for Djurgården in Sweden as a Junior, best player i've ever seen, better than Forsberg.

ynnhoj
August 21st, 2007, 02:33 AM
Maple Leafs all the way!
unfortunately, i'm a maple leafs fan too. there won't be any cups for us any time soon :(

i was really pulling for the penguins last season though (especially once i was certain the leafs were going to miss the post-season).

jgrabham
August 21st, 2007, 02:41 AM
Team GB were in slovenia fot the WCs

potrick
August 21st, 2007, 03:53 AM
I'm a recovering Leafs fan. Just moved to Alberta so I figure this is as good an excuse as any to stop cheering for them.

fuscia
August 21st, 2007, 03:55 AM
go canes!

johnb820
August 21st, 2007, 05:27 AM
In my world it's easy. Hockey is the only sport that actually matters. Almost all of my extended family is from or lives in Western Pennsylvania which makes me a penguins fan. We have seen our fair share of bad years recently but a new era has begun and personally I am excited to simply be a part of it. Aside from the penguins, the past two seasons have really brought a whole other level of play in my opinion. I haven't seen such good hockey.

Morbett
August 21st, 2007, 05:37 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:bMmIsNPjYTZXrM:http://www.gohabs.com/images/habs_20060330.jpg

b20963a2
August 21st, 2007, 07:57 AM

Well, we even play hockey in Belgium. Attendance is around 230 for the top teams. :oops:

Played hockey myself for about 6 years in the lower divisions...

rharriso
August 21st, 2007, 08:26 AM
Closet avalanche fan

davtaine
August 21st, 2007, 09:29 AM
Lets Go Rangers!

original_jamingrit
August 21st, 2007, 11:59 AM
I always root Montreal.

DubbaJ
August 21st, 2007, 02:48 PM
Maple Leafs long time sufferer here!

August is the longest month of the year for me - it's agonizingly painful waiting for September to come so my Men's League can start up and give me some hockey to look forward to each week!

sparks0548
August 21st, 2007, 05:36 PM
I side with the Boston Bruins. Wherever you find a Montreal fan you are sure to find a Boston fan....LOL. We are far from the cup, new General Manager making things tough.

skwishybug
August 21st, 2007, 05:44 PM
Edmonton Oilers here

Ottawa 67's in the OHL.

Freddy
August 21st, 2007, 06:44 PM
I'm a Swede, so I have a puck between my legs (all swedes do :)).

Frölunda HC (Gothenburg, Sweden) is the team for me. If I need to pick a North American team it would be Maple Leafs because of Mats Sundin one of my all time favorite players (he never quits, just keeps going and going), but I have fun watching multiple North American teams, so I have no absolute favorite.

I even played hockey for 15 or so years, first in Frölunda HC and after I moved out of Gothenburg, I played 8 years for LBK, which is a mid division team of a town 30 kilometers outside of Gothenburg.

tbroderick
August 21st, 2007, 07:19 PM
I side with the Boston Bruins. Wherever you find a Montreal fan you are sure to find a Boston fan....LOL. We are far from the cup, new General Manager making things tough.

Or two Bruins fans :)

The Crimson Mafia will bring the Cup back to the Hub. :^o

tbroderick
August 21st, 2007, 07:25 PM
I'm a Swede, so I have a puck between my legs (all swedes do :)).

Frölunda HC (Gothenburg, Sweden) is the team for me. If I need to pick a North American team it would be Maple Leafs because of Mats Sundin one of my all time favorite players (he never quits, just keeps going and going), but I have fun watching multiple North American teams, so I have no absolute favorite.

I even played hockey for 15 or so years, first in Frölunda HC and after I moved out of Gothenburg, I played 8 years for LBK, which is a mid division team of a town 30 kilometers outside of Gothenburg.

What do you know about Carl Soderberg? The Bruins recently traded for him. His stats looked really good before he got injured, but I don't know how that translates to the NHL.

jgrabham
August 27th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Or two Bruins fans

or two apes (runs) :D

derekr44
August 27th, 2007, 05:43 PM
New Jersey Devils here. This year isn't looking too good :(

But then you never know, Lemaire always ends up pulling something out of his hat, and it usually involves several underplayed/underrated players...

jgrabham
August 30th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Vipers vs Blaze

Sunday 2nd - 5:30 Face off.

CANT WAIT!!!!

NeoChaosX
September 2nd, 2007, 11:06 PM
San Jose Sharks fan here. I keep telling myself they'll win it all this year, but I think my hopes would be bolstered if they traded for a top defenseman.

starcraft.man
September 2nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
I'm a wishful Habs fan. By wishful, I mean wishing for a time when our team is great again...