PDA

View Full Version : Skateboarding accident

BWF89
July 30th, 2005, 08:03 AM
So a few weeks after I get bit by a dog me and my same friend were going to the elementary school to skate and bike. The school is only a half mile away from my house but when I was going down a hill on my dads 70's Hobie skateboard it started wobbleing. Then I hit a rough patch of assphault and bam I flew off. I couldn't put my arms out in time so I ended up scraping my left one pretty good and the right one a little bit. I lost one front tooth, knocked a front tooth back so it's diagonal, chipped a molar in half, completely sliced my chin into 2 pieces of flesh, and cracked both sides of my jaw so I can' move my mouth very good.

While I was at the emergency room for like 5 hours the doctor stitched it up and I have to wait till the swelling goes down probably on monday to go to the dentist and have mouth surgery.

And because of this painkiller they shot into my ass at the hospital I can't keep any food down for more than an hour or so. Hopefully it will wear off my morning and I can have some of the lime jello my mom made without half of my molar coming out and me swallowing it.

bored2k
July 30th, 2005, 08:10 AM
I wish you the best on your recovery & surgery man. Hope you can get a good recovery before your school year starts. And yeah, until you go to your dentist, watch out for those loose teeth. Hope, prayers and good recovery to you.

heimo
July 30th, 2005, 08:15 AM
bored2k wrote my thoughts. Reading your story touched. I wish you the best, hopefully you will recover well.

ubuntu_demon
July 30th, 2005, 11:28 AM
good luck and get well :)

TravisNewman
July 30th, 2005, 12:40 PM
you have way too much bad luck! That's terrible, hope everything goes well for you

KrisDwyer
July 30th, 2005, 03:00 PM
So a few weeks after I get bit by a dog me and my same friend were going to the elementary school to skate and bike. The school is only a half mile away from my house but when I was going down a hill on my dads 70's Hobie skateboard it started wobbleing. Then I hit a rough patch of assphault and bam I flew off. I couldn't put my arms out in time so I ended up scraping my left one pretty good and the right one a little bit. I lost one front tooth, knocked a front tooth back so it's diagonal, chipped a molar in half, completely sliced my chin into 2 pieces of flesh, and cracked both sides of my jaw so I can' move my mouth very good.

While I was at the emergency room for like 5 hours the doctor stitched it up and I have to wait till the swelling goes down probably on monday to go to the dentist and have mouth surgery.

And because of this painkiller they shot into my ass at the hospital I can't keep any food down for more than an hour or so. Hopefully it will wear off my morning and I can have some of the lime jello my mom made without half of my molar coming out and me swallowing it.
Geez man, i feel for you, you should sell your story to arena, its a horror :(

sonny
July 30th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I wish you luck, and heal soon... after you've heal, use a helment for all sports you play, because is not good to make friends with the ambulance driver :wink:

TravisNewman
July 30th, 2005, 03:31 PM
It's also not good to make friends with the pavement.

And use some dog-repellant spray in the future too. ;)

sonny
July 30th, 2005, 03:34 PM

It sure isn't [-X

Brunellus
July 30th, 2005, 03:52 PM

Yeah, roadrash isn't good.

When I lived in London, I was in a minor bike crash and got very well-acquainted with Borough High Street. I was rolling up to the stoplight in front of Borough Market when a clipped my handlebars with its rear fender--I was holding a straight line, and he was crooked as he came to the stoplight. A nudge, and suddenly I was flying.

I remember noting, with some amusement, that time actually did seem to stop. The bustle of Borough High Street was gone, and all I could hear was the whistling of the wind as I flew over the bars. I remember looking down, thinking "this isn't right," feeling my hands fly over my head, and watching the pavement get closer.

Then I hit the ground, had the wind knocked out of me, and rolled. Passers-by picked me out of the gutter and berated the driver. I should have waited for the cops to come and cite him for the accident, but I walked away from the scene and into Guy's Hospital--right across the street!--to the Minor Injuries Unit, where the nice nurses cleaned me up, patched me together, and sent me on my way. I still have a scar on my elbow, though, from that crash.

Best wishes, BWF89, and hope you heal up. Be comforted by the fact that you will now look properly harDCore when you go back to school.

TravisNewman
July 30th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Once I was biking and had stopped for a few minutes for some reason. I got back on my bike, pushed the pedal once, it skidded in the gravel, and I fell off, cutting my hand wide open. I still have a scar. I didn't even realize that I had cut myself until I was riding back down the hill and started feeling dizzy, then realized my left handlebar was wet, looked down and though "well that's not good" and by the time I finally got home I felt like I was about to pass out from the blood loss. There was a gravel wedged into my palm that had gotten under my skin so I couldn't see it. It took tweezers and about 10 minutes to pull it out, and the peroxide burned like hell when I put it on, but it was all over in a few minutes.

sonny
July 30th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Well, now that we are telling stories so BFW89 would laugh at us here's mine:

I was a "passanger" in a friends bike; I was standing in the metal things you put in the back tire (don't know the name in english) we call them "diablos" in Mexico, we were going to see the construction of a new mall, suddenly my friend wanted to "jump" some junk (can't recall what was it) and he said: "grab me tight", wich I did, but while we were in the air I got loose, fell from the bike, and when we hit ground my wristwatch got stuck in the "diablos", my friend didn't realize I was on the ground so he kept his way, dragging me about 5 mts thruough the construction site, until I screamed and he stopped. My knees were seriously injured, as well as my elbows, one nail got into my right knee, took me about 3 moths to properly walk again, and untill know if I run too much my right knee (the one more injured) starts hurting me.