PDA

View Full Version : I require a name change...

ineedaname
August 20th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Upon registration of the forums, almost every single last name I could use was supposedly taken, or not up to the administrator's standards for what would compose a good screen name.

Now. I looked at existing members to see if I can't use .'s and other special characters such as Spaces and Majuscules. There's not such o n board that would restrict me from the username I want...

I basically had to use this user name to register.
Yet I really don't want to go around for my entire lifetime on the Ubuntu forums know as the guy who need's a name.

If at all possible I'd like my existing user name changed to:
Mike Pass
(I did searches on this, and there have been no posts made under this account if it is registered, and it did not come up under the user referral.

I understand that this will change my log-in name.

Or. If an administrator is able to create the account and then delete this one, after having given me the password; that'd work as well. My MAIN email for this situation would be mik3passatgmail.com (I'm currently not using it for this reason alone.)

I'd just like Mike Pass as my login/username.

Thank You

forrestcupp
August 20th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I would edit your post to not give your actual email address. Change the @ to the word at. If you don't, webcrawlers will have a heyday with your email address.

Ozor Mox
August 20th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I think it says in the forum information that changing of usernames will only be allowed under special circumstances like harassment or whatever. You will probably need to register a new account and just leave the old one if there is no delete option for it.

ineedaname
August 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I'm unable to register under the name I want, even though it's composed of no special characters... and it's not taken...

(Thank you for the reminder of the web crawlers.)