PDA

View Full Version : what is you favorite controler

dan171717
August 19th, 2007, 07:54 PM
i want to know what pepoles favorite console controlers are out of curosity....
(keybord and mouse are not controlers

mine are

most comtble: gamecube contoler
most iconic: atari 2600
most usable: gamecube
like to have a go with: wiimote and nunchuck
higly commended: nintendo 64

most hated: ps2 and ps3 the analog stick is in a bad place and having 4 sholder buttons is too much and my hand feels like its on a rack ps1 no dualshock is ok
overall i like the gc controler most but what do you think...

a12ctic
August 19th, 2007, 07:58 PM
The orinal (big) xbox controller was the best one ever released. It was just perfect in usability, confort, and aesthetics. I have never ever liked ANY controller, and I just adore these things.

tcpip4lyfe
August 19th, 2007, 09:53 PM
You forgot Wii.

BigSilly
August 19th, 2007, 10:27 PM
What, no Wii? That's a shame. I've played all the controllers listed, but the most interesting combination to me is the Wii remote and nunchuck. I can see how some might see it as gimmicky, but the truth is it has such potential, as long as the developers get it out of their heads that you have to be waving your arms about.

Off your list I'd pick the N64 controller, since that too was a revolution in it's own time. Even Nintendo couldn't top it with the GameCube pad.

omegamike3
August 20th, 2007, 12:37 AM
while it obviously can't hold up in today's gaming age, I went with the NES controller; there's nothing like keeping it nice and simple. but with today's controllers, i would say that the Xbox/360 controller is probably my favourite, tied along with the Wii. though, the Wii is sort of in a class all it's own. and no, sixaxis doesn't qualify as 'competition' :D

arsenic23
August 20th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I chose Gamecube on the poll, but that not exactly true. The only correct choice for this question is Wavebird. It is the only controller that ever perfectly fit in my hand without causing me discomfort.

Most controllers seem to small to me, and I've always just asumed it's because they were designed for little asian hands. I remember when Nintendo released the DSlite I was so glad I had my DS already purchased. Those little things are just not comforable to hold for long periods of time. In fact I wish my DS was about half an inch taller and a whole inch wider. That would be so nice.

ANYWAY - wavebird.

Kingsley
August 20th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Nintendo 64's is my fave. I used to whoop butt so well with it on Wrestlemania 2000 and WWF No Mercy.

Interestedinthepenguin
August 20th, 2007, 01:05 AM
My fave is the PS2 controller.
Second place goes to the N64's.

dan171717
August 20th, 2007, 08:51 PM
the reason theres no wii is becasuse it isnt a controller i might add it to the poll later
also i havent played on a wii yet nor a 360 but ive felt the controller i HAVE played on ps3
p.s.
personly i hate the ps2 and ps3 controller

Bungo Pony
August 20th, 2007, 09:02 PM
What? No ColecoVision Super Action controller? :(

http://cs-exhibitions.uni-klu.ac.at/uploads/pics/superaction_01.JPG

dan171717
August 25th, 2007, 12:27 PM
What? No ColecoVision Super Action controller? :(

http://cs-exhibitions.uni-klu.ac.at/uploads/pics/superaction_01.JPG

what

ive never seen that before it looks cool

init1
August 25th, 2007, 02:26 PM
i want to know what pepoles favorite console controlers are out of curosity....
(keybord and mouse are not controlers

mine are

most comtble: gamecube contoler
most iconic: atari 2600
most usable: gamecube
like to have a go with: wiimote and nunchuck
higly commended: nintendo 64

most hated: ps2 and ps3 the analog stick is in a bad place and having 4 sholder buttons is too much and my hand feels like its on a rack ps1 no dualshock is ok
overall i like the gc controler most but what do you think...
The nes controller is cool, because it is so basic.

init1
August 25th, 2007, 02:27 PM
what

ive never seen that before it looks cool
It's very old, that's why.

Sluipvoet
August 25th, 2007, 02:33 PM
The Original Big Xbox-Controller(it's a shame that this poll puts it together with the crappier smaller s controller).

BTW, it also isn't very smart to put all the Sega controllers together.(they were all very different)

happy-and-lost
August 25th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I find that the Gamecube's control fits perfectly into my hands. The most uncomfortable and fiddly control I've used would be the PS1/2.

I remember when Nintendo released the DSlite I was so glad I had my DS already purchased. Those little things are just not comforable to hold for long periods of time. In fact I wish my DS was about half an inch taller and a whole inch wider. That would be so nice.

It's a shame that the DS Lite is form over function.

dan171717
August 26th, 2007, 08:09 AM
he Original Big Xbox-Controller(it's a shame that this poll puts it together with the crappier smaller s controlle
BTW, it also isn't very smart to put all the Sega controllers together.(they were all very differentr

you can only have ten poll options i think ive used 9

Chilli Bob
August 26th, 2007, 08:32 AM
I cannot use the gamecube controller at all - it just won't fit my hands. The old big X-box controller was almost as bad, but in a different way.

PS dual shock is the most comfortable for me.

lzfy
August 26th, 2007, 09:04 AM

dan171717
August 26th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I find that the Gamecube's control fits perfectly into my hands. The most uncomfortable and fiddly control I've used would be the PS1/2.

It's a shame that the DS Lite is form over function.

i agrree

RageOfOrder
August 26th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I miss my old coleco vision paddle :P

But honestly, my favorite of all time is a MadCatz Xbox original conroller modelled after the big model that xbox started with. It's got rubber grips and is more comfortable than the Microsoft ones. The black/white buttons are above the ABXY buttons, where they should be, and it's big enough for my hands. At 6'2", most controllers just feel too small.

flemnos
August 26th, 2007, 10:13 PM
http://www.agetec.com/catalog/images/ascii-grip-ps.jpg
The Ascii Grip one-handed controller for Playstation (there is, apparantly, a PS2 version out now). The most awesome thing ever for Chrono Cross and FF* (and most other menu-driven RPGs, I suppose).