PDA

View Full Version : python.org is down?

seetho
August 18th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I've trying a couple of days to access the python website but no luck. Does anyone here knows what happened to the site, or is it just me having problems?

NoobieDoobieDo
August 18th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I can access python.org OK

seetho
August 18th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Crap! Something must be blocking it then.... Thanks.

Lster
August 18th, 2007, 12:12 PM
I can access it fine too.

seetho
August 19th, 2007, 04:45 AM
I confirmed that the problem lies with my brodband isp. python.org works just fine if I connect using my mobile phone (different isp).

I did a tracepath while connected with the broadband isp and found that it hops between 2 ip addresses until the max number of hops then gives up. I'll hve to call them up on Monday.

I guess nobody else around here uses Python. Pity, it's such a nice programming language.

Thanks for the help.

Tepidbroth
August 19th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Your ISP sound pretty inept if they block a programming language's website. I'd seriously consider changing to a different ISP.

Jessehk
August 19th, 2007, 06:05 AM
I know this for accidental reasons only, but Python with a .com domain leads to an adult website. Maybe that's why python.org is being blocked.

bashologist
August 19th, 2007, 06:19 AM
I know this for accidental reasons only, but Python with a .com domain leads to an adult website. Maybe that's why python.org is begin blocked.
Roflmao. That's great. n_n

pmasiar
August 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM
try if both whitehouse.com and whitehouse.org are banned - just for LOLs

Lster
August 19th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I know this for accidental reasons only, but Python with a .com domain leads to an adult website. Maybe that's why python.org is being blocked.

I have also found that out. Luckily I was on a library computer at the time and it just blocked it saying something about "sexual content" or something...

seetho
August 19th, 2007, 04:16 PM

Yeah. I hit the .com by mistake also. Funny I can access it but not the .org. I guess someone at the isp would rather be beating his monkey than coding in python.

Anyway I'll have to live with this totally crappy isp for now. They are the only one available where I live. Their service sucks. The moment another isp comes to town, i'll switch.

Lster
August 19th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Good luck with it all...

pmasiar
August 19th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Funny I can access it but not the .org. ...

They are the only one available where I live. Their service sucks. The moment another isp comes to town, i'll switch.

You may want to write to management about the issue. I bet owner wants you as a customer, just the evil BOFH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bofh) doesn't care about customer service.