PDA

View Full Version : AVI splitter

modefied-version
August 16th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Hii,

I want to split one AVI file into few pieces with same extension i.e AVI. How I can do that? I've used the split command, but then the individual splitted files dont have the same extension. Please tell me how to do it.

MonkeyBoy
August 16th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Avidemux is your friend. Amen.

modefied-version
August 16th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I've installed Avidemux. But I'm not getting how to split the AVI file using it. and one more thing, whenever i'm trying to open avi file in avidemux, it's giving me "VBR time map"....what I've to do?

MonkeyBoy
August 16th, 2007, 06:51 PM
If I remember correctly it does that if you have an AVI with a badly compressed audio track. You need to experiment with different time offsets and check the results to see if the sound remains in sync for the whole video.

MonkeyBoy
August 16th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Actually forget that. If it gives you that message, tell it to build a time map then check that it has done the audio sync properly. Once it had done that you can use the bar below the screen to select half of your video then save it. Repeat for the other half and you should have 2 halves of an AVI video.

kinematic
August 16th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Open the run command box (Alt>F2) and use this command

avidemux --autosplit ***
you can fill in any desired size after autosplit, then open the avi and save it. Avidemux will now split it at the size you specified.

And build VBR time map is needed for an avi with MP3 variable bitrate to keep everything in sync.

COKEDUDE
April 16th, 2012, 05:29 PM
This is a good guide for avidemux.

http://linuxpoison.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-cutsplit-video-using-avidemux.html

CharlesA
April 16th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Back to sleep you go..