PDA

View Full Version : GIMP Airbrushing Risks

MonkeyBoy
August 16th, 2007, 05:34 PM
At work I have been assigned the task of getting photos of all the people in my office for ID cards. Over the last week or so I have been getting these photos with a digital camera, putting them on my PC, and emailing them to my boss.

Today I got a shot of one a female colleague who then said "I wish I didn't have that spot!"

"No problem." I said. "I can fix that."

So I booted up GIMP, zoomed right in and got to work with the colour picker and fuzzy brush. I sorted out her spot then I noticed that there were a few small blemishes on her teeth. After fixing that I saw her chin was a bit blotchy when zoomed by several hundred % so I fixed that too, and then fixed a few other random blotches. Then I sent the picture back to her and went over to explain my work. "I fixed your spot, your blotchy chin, the blemishes on your face and neck, and the yellow bits on your teeth." I said proudly.

She suddenly got annoyed.

My suggestion to anyone considering airbrushing a picture of a female aquaintance is to not get sidetracked away from the specific request that they make, and never, never, ever list faults that you have corrected to them as there is a slight risk they may take offence at having you point out various problems with their face, that can only be seen when zooming right in.

borovy3488
August 16th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Nice. I saw where this was going from when I clicked on it.

:guitar:

ErusGuleilmus
August 16th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Haha! Thats pretty good advice!

andrewPCT
August 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I can't see why one would touch up photos used for ID cards. Wouldn't this defeat the purpose?

a12ctic
August 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM
HAH! Oh god. That was probabaly really embarassing to her. You shouldnt have pointed out those flaws.

PriceChild
August 16th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I can't see why one would touch up photos used for ID cards.Hehe yeah my first thoughts when starting to read this thread were that you got into trouble for a different reason :)

popch
August 16th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Actually, the problem does not lie with the GIMP. The only problem lies in your telling her what you'd done.

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses (Boethius):popcorn:

use a name
August 16th, 2007, 06:26 PM
...bleached your hair, fixed the eyebags, stretched your cheeks...

Tomosaur
August 16th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Haha - I wonder if she'd have noticed if you didn't tell her what you'd done :P

zgornel
August 16th, 2007, 07:38 PM
You should have used cut&paste (cut her face, paste Angelina Jolie's or whatever)

sr20ve
August 16th, 2007, 07:52 PM
...bleached your hair, fixed the eyebags, stretched your cheeks...

...Gave you a breast enhancement, one was slighly lopsided...