PDA

View Full Version : Question about The Simpsons

BWF89
July 28th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Did anyone watch the second episode of The Simpsons yesterday?

It was the one wherer Marge and Homer are trying to escape their kids to have a romantic vacation but the kids keep follwoing them.

Anyway theres this 2 minute sequence in the show that is made entirely out of 2D animation and only uses a few colors. The sequence is Marge and Homer running through an airport in 2D with piano music playing.

I know that alot of the things that happen in The Simpsons are parodies of other things and I wanted to know if anyone knew what that airport scene was based off of.

oddabe19
July 28th, 2005, 07:18 PM

It was the one wherer Marge and Homer are trying to escape their kids to have a romantic vacation but the kids keep follwoing them.

Anyway theres this 2 minute sequence in the show that is made entirely out of 2D animation and only uses a few colors. The sequence is Marge and Homer running through an airport in 2D with piano music playing.

I know that alot of the things that happen in The Simpsons are parodies of other things and I wanted to know if anyone knew what that airport scene was based off of.

I know what scene you're talking about (I am a simpson's freak) but i don't know what movie.

also, not everyone has the same episodes you get. Fox29 (Phila) and Fox 43 (York/Lancaster) air different episodes everyday. So i get like 4 in a row. its nice.

BWF89
July 28th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I know what scene you're talking about (I am a simpson's freak) but i don't know what movie.

also, not everyone has the same episodes you get. Fox29 (Phila) and Fox 43 (York/Lancaster) air different episodes everyday. So i get like 4 in a row. its nice.
I get The Simpsons on WB-22 which comes in as channel #10 in my area.

DirtDawg
July 28th, 2005, 07:44 PM

I'm not sure I've seen that particular episode, but it sounds like it may be a parody of the animation sequence during opening credits of a movie called "Catch me if you can" (i think) with Tom Hanks and Leonardo DeCaprio.
Just a guess.

KrisDwyer
July 29th, 2005, 04:14 AM
I'm not sure I've seen that particular episode, but it sounds like it may be a parody of the animation sequence during opening credits of a movie called "Catch me if you can" (i think) with Tom Hanks and Leonardo DeCaprio.
Just a guess.
which could further be a parody of something? =S

TravisNewman
July 29th, 2005, 04:30 AM
ehm, forgive me if I misinterpreted you, but isn't it the Simpsons ALWAYS 2d, except the halloween episode where homer entered the 3d world?

KrisDwyer
July 29th, 2005, 05:02 AM
ehm, forgive me if I misinterpreted you, but isn't it the Simpsons ALWAYS 2d, except the halloween episode where homer entered the 3d world?
good point, i think wat BWF89 means is 'simplified drawing'

TravisNewman
July 29th, 2005, 09:59 PM
It occurred to me that he might have meant MOVING in 2d as well, like sidescrolling games (Mario!) or something.