PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 runs great...

ubuntu-geek
November 17th, 2004, 05:38 AM
AMD XP 3200+
1GB Ram
160 HD
Nvidia MX400 (128mg)

Doom3 runs smooth. Just wanted to share.

zenwhen
November 17th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Runs great for me too. :)

Pentium 4 3.0C
1 GB PC3200
80GB HD
Nvidia 6800

50 FPS @ 1280x1024 8XAA HiQual

What do you get when you run "timedemo demo1" twice?

TravisNewman
November 17th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Heck it runs very well for me (can't hike up the detail THAT much though) on:

Athlon XP 1800+
512Megs PC2100
NVidia geforce4MX460

zenwhen
November 17th, 2004, 06:30 AM
It is impressive that the Linux client allows people with less than the Windows client's required specs to run the game well.

TravisNewman
November 17th, 2004, 06:32 AM
It is impressive that the Linux client allows people with less than the Windows client's required specs to run the game well.
It ran well in Windows, but I can hike the detail up a lot more in Linux than I could in Windows.

HiddenWolf
November 17th, 2004, 02:02 PM
It ran well in Windows, but I can hike the detail up a lot more in Linux than I could in Windows.

Sweet

Patrick
November 19th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I tryed to find the installer on the ID webpage, but the FTP as the Torrentlink is dead ( at least, when i tried )

Somebodyu has a link how to get the installer :-)

TravisNewman
November 19th, 2004, 03:29 PM
I tryed to find the installer on the ID webpage, but the FTP as the Torrentlink is dead ( at least, when i tried )

They're quite backed up on a normal basis, I just downloaded it and its up.

kal_zakath
November 19th, 2004, 04:09 PM
With the latest ATI's drivers release, I can run and play Doom 3 without trouble... until the game freeze (at a random time) and lock my X server, wich of course turns me mad :(

Anyone here playing it with ATI video card and has similiar issue ???

liberal_tugboat
November 19th, 2004, 04:14 PM
With the latest ATI's drivers release, I can run and play Doom 3 without trouble... until the game freeze (at a random time) and lock my X server, wich of course turns me mad :(

Anyone here playing it with ATI video card and has similiar issue ???
well if you read the FAQ for it on the zerowing (official) page, it is not supported at all for ati cards, at this time.

Could everyone list what sound card they use cause I can not get doom3 sound to work without
having arts installed and use the artsdsp -m command.

TravisNewman
November 19th, 2004, 04:17 PM
SB Live Value and an internal VIA AC97, I've used Doom3 with both

kal_zakath
November 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
well if you read the FAQ for it on the zerowing (official) page, it is not supported at all for ati cards, at this time.

Since latest ATI driver release (8 days ago), it should be, as this release was mainly an hotfix to play Doom 3.

Edit: well, the faq says it runs, but we shouldn't report any problem since there is nothing they can do...

HungSquirrel
November 19th, 2004, 05:19 PM

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/doom3/downloads/

OrangeSlice
November 19th, 2004, 09:41 PM
I've got Doom 3 running great, but one thing bothers me. Whenever I exit, it doesn't restore the screen resolution, and moving the mouse logs me out of my session. Anyone else have this problem?

drunken-wallaby
November 30th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Hi there. I've got Doom3 up and running smoothly too. Just tried the new binaries with surround support. When I start doom I can play and I do have sound, however, in the console I get the following error very often.

idAudioHardwareALSA::Write: 4096 frames overflowed and dropped
snd_pcm_writei short write: 989 out of 1024

Anyone who has experienced something similar? Thanks in advance for your help :)

liberal_tugboat
December 1st, 2004, 08:03 AM
Hi there. I've got Doom3 up and running smoothly too. Just tried the new binaries with surround support. When I start doom I can play and I do have sound, however, in the console I get the following error very often.

Anyone who has experienced something similar? Thanks in advance for your help :)
well I just downloaded the new d3 binary and now i have sound!!!! SWEEEEET!!!