PDA

View Full Version : A Moment to say, "Thanks"

martialartist81
August 14th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I've only been on here for the last 4 days, and I already want to say thank you to all those out there that have helped (direcly and indirectly) so far.

Thanks to those that have answered my direct questions, and a big thanks to those with the invaluable stickies that have helped walk me though some of the essentials (and FAQs).

Cheers, Chaps and Ladies.

/raises glass

Cheers.

WebSiteGuru
August 14th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I had just started using Linux (buntu) for the past few weeks (still trying top get all the kinks work out, but HAPPY!). I, too, would like to say thanks to everyone that help me along so far.

Many thanks to all that advices about what I should do and shouldnt do.

A lot of good information in the forums.

:KS:KS:KS:KS:KS

earobinson
August 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback but since there is no support request here I have asked that this be moved to the community chat.

bapoumba
August 14th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks and welcome, martialartist81!
Thread moved to the "Community Cafe".

earobinson
August 14th, 2007, 09:00 PM
I must say if it wasent for forums like this i wouldent be using linux!

samb0057
August 14th, 2007, 09:16 PM
not only to the people on this forum, we also owe a big thanks to anyone who sponsors linux in general for non-selfish reasons. like mark shuttleworth (ubuntu's sponsor) i think he gave a huge push to the adoption of linux onto the desktop. without him and his support for ubuntu, it would still be great, but his resources have helped to make it much more than that

BuffaloX
August 14th, 2007, 11:30 PM
I've been using Ubuntu for about 1½ years now.
I love Linux more an more each day.
I've been annoyed sometimes, I guess it's hard to avoid, when throwing away 20 years of experience with other systems.

But I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everybody involved.

My wife for showing me how good Linux has become.
Everybody that have helped making GNU/Linux what it is today.
Everybody taking time to answer questions on these forums.
Mark Shuttleworth for donating funds to Ubuntu.
Companies supporting Linux in general.