PDA

View Full Version : MS Vista specs go increase since XP

KrisDwyer
July 28th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Isn't it funny how Bill Gates stated longhorn would run efficiently on lower ram... Well uh... it wont... check out this topic @ THEN LUG IT, it was copied off the official Vista site.

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13&mforum=thenlugit

tom-ubuntu
July 28th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Eyecandy requires ressources. But as it is optional, you probably don't need such a fast machine if you don't need all the transparency effects and the rest.... I think. We are talking about Windows here ;)

KrisDwyer
July 28th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Eyecandy requires ressources. But as it is optional, you probably don't need such a fast machine if you don't need all the transparency effects and the rest.... I think. We are talking about Windows here ;)
yes at the time xp was released it wouldnt run on 90% of the current computers i guess lol...

Adrenal
July 28th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Vista will pole the hardware at install, and adjust its settings accordingly.
It is therefore not illogical to assume that it could run faster then xp, on the same hardware

BinaryDigit
July 28th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Glad I got my 64bit processor now :P But by that time I'll probably be running 64bit Ubuntu for the OS :mrgreen:

Sam
July 28th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Ever wonder why they choose the name 'Vista' ?

Viruses
Instability
Spyware
Trojans
Adware

DJ_Max
July 28th, 2005, 05:46 PM

Viruses
Instability
Spyware
Trojans
Adware
That deserves a spot in my sig. BTW, where did you get this leaked information? :razz:

sapo
July 28th, 2005, 05:53 PM

Viruses
Instability
Spyware
Trojans
Adware

Thanx for the new sign :grin:

DJ_Max
July 28th, 2005, 05:54 PM
heh, I'm gonna use that in the sig of my other forum profiles.

Sam
July 28th, 2005, 05:56 PM
That deserves a spot in my sig. BTW, where did you get this leaked information? :razz:
A friend sent me this as a joke after MS choose the new name of Longhorn.

Sam
July 28th, 2005, 05:58 PM
You're welcome ! ;-)

somuchfortheafter
July 28th, 2005, 07:12 PM
to continue in the ancronym thing

Violent
Inanimate
Stooge
Tiptoeing
in Apathy

ok so sue me for the in lol

now for anagrams of windows vista

waists down VI
widow ants VI
down wit ass VI

mike998
July 28th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Isn't it funny how Bill Gates stated longhorn would run efficiently on lower ram... Well uh... it wont... check out this topic @ THEN LUG IT, it was copied off the official Vista site.

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13&mforum=thenlugit

Is this really a surprise?
I remember being shocked that JUST the O/S for windows 2000 (if I am remembering correctly) took up nearly half a gig of hard drive space.
Windows really does seem to be trying to follow Moore's Law and keep the shiney fast new machines slower than older O/Ses.

Or perhaps I am just bitter?

BWF89
July 28th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I read somewhere than Microsoft makes each of it's new OS's more resource hogging than the last so that Intel can sell more chips.

byen
July 29th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Well, I do not think this should be a cause of alarm or concern! It has always been a trend where the specs reqd kept increasing as years/applications/functionalities developed! And as someone stated earlier.....eye candy, new improved functionalitites etc need more speed and higher specs... so dont think anyone who has a problem has a valid argument here! If they dont like it..there are always other versions and other OS's.
Come to think of it.... why pay couple of hundred quid on hardware-upgrade and a couple more on the software and still worry about being secure every single moment...nah! I think I'll stick with Ubuntu!...its got what i need and hits the spot!

Would i use vista...well only if Microsoft convinces me that every time i turn my box on and run VISTA im guaranteed to have an OUT_OF THE WORLD ORGASMIC EXPERIENCE!..then...may be ..may be I'll get Vista.... but at the moment it doesnt seem likely at all!But I agree with what one of the mods here has to say: I might be one of his kind!!!

<eye candy anonymous meeting>
My name is poofyhairguy, and I have a problem. I love eye candy more than stability or features. I would have bought two mac minis if it could do the dashboard ripple like my sister's powerbook can. I dream of drop shadows, and I would pay over $300 to force whoever develops metacity to speed **** up. I will buy Vista if Linux eye candy does not match it at that time.
My name is poofyhairguy, and I'm an eye candy *****
Group of mostly OSX users: "hello poofyhairguy"
</eye candy anonymous meeting>

PS- gotta say SAM .... Virus, Instability,Spyware,Trojans,Adware.....LOL..;-) brutal bro.... Love it!

KrisDwyer
July 29th, 2005, 04:08 AM
to continue in the ancronym thing

Violent
Inanimate
Stooge
Tiptoeing
in Apathy

ok so sue me for the in lol

now for anagrams of windows vista

Waists Down IV or waits down 4
Ants Widow IV
ass down wit IV
as for your anagrams make the roman numerals VI (for NT 6)

TravisNewman
July 29th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Lets all stop the windows bashing. Criticism is always welcome for any software, but some things are just a bit childish. Be nice ;)

somuchfortheafter
July 29th, 2005, 01:05 PM
ok all anagrams are updated. also its not that i dont like windows, well because I learned quite a bit on it, and repairing windows systems pays my bills. What I dont like about it is that things are so closed, granted its m$ so what do you expect....

KrisDwyer
July 29th, 2005, 04:12 PM
ok all anagrams are updated. also its not that i dont like windows, well because I learned quite a bit on it, and repairing windows systems pays my bills. What I dont like about it is that things are so closed, granted its m$ so what do you expect....
Good work... I guess we must all use windows at one stage or another... ^_^