PDA

View Full Version : SFD Preparations

rhoderickj
August 14th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I will have the flyers completed before Thursday's meeting, but we're going to run into a space crunch. The old flyer -- the one designed specifically for an install fest -- is pretty full as it is. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can lay this out? Should I get rid of some of the instructional information on installs and instead focus on the "Software Freedom Day" aspect? Any ideas?

rhoderickj
August 15th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Alright. I've finished a first draft of the flyers. I would really like to print some of these by tomorrow (Wednesday), and I will not be available to make changes tomorrow night. So, if you think changes need to be made, do not hesitate to say so. Now is the time. Otherwise, I plan to bring a handful of these to the meeting on Thursday.

You can find the flyers here. (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarylandTeam/Events/SoftwareFreedomDay2007) Scroll down to the "Advertising and Promotional Materials"

parma1
August 15th, 2007, 05:11 AM
It seems to me it'd be wise to mention (in the install part of the flyer) that their existing os (and data) will not be lost, just be joined by some new stuff. Otherwise, most people would think we're proposing a "rip and replace," and probably would not be interested.

-J.

rhoderickj
August 17th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I apologize for missing the meeting last night. Something important came up that prevented me from making it. As for the flyers, I can still provide printed flyers for those of you who cannot print them. We'll just have to work something out.

rhoderickj
August 28th, 2007, 08:34 PM
I just wanted to mention that I will not be able to attend the SFD event. Alas, it clashes with an important event on my personal calendar. I'll still gladly help with the planning as much as I can from afar.

Does anyone have any updates on SFD activities?

rhoderickj
September 6th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Will anyone be able to take pictures for the SFD event?

phr0ze
September 7th, 2007, 02:36 PM
I can bring a camera.

John

ChuckFrain
September 11th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Josh,

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to attend the SFD activities.

I'm sure their will be at least two cameras floating around between John and myself.