PDA

View Full Version : buying bare bones kit need advice from my buds.

Omnios
August 13th, 2007, 11:34 PM
hi guys im in thr process of buying a barebones box consisting of the following.

ATX Mid Tower Case w/450 watt PS Core2 E4300 1.8ghz 2M / 800FSB cpu Asus P5GZ-MX skt 775 motherboard 1gig DDR2 -667 ram

The Intel 945GZ graphics memory controller hub(GMCH) and the ICH7 I/O controller hub provide the vital interfaces for the motherboard. The GMCH features the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, an integrated graphics engine for enhanced 3D, 2D, and video capabilities. The GMCH provides the interface for processor in the 775-land package with 800/533MHz FSB, dual channel DDR2 at speeds of up to 533MHz.

The new Intel Graphics engine has new capabilities that provide a significant increase in graphics performance. DirectX 9 hardware acceleration, 400MHz core clock, and up to 224MB of video memory all together provide a full-value, high performance graphic solution to you. Through a dual-independent display technology, different content can be displayed on each monitor or stretched across both displays for more workspace The price I was quoted was around $450 Canadian which should be ok as I have a long history with the store and also added assistance with building and support should be excellent as we are on a first name basis.

The thing is does any of the above have warning signs or is there better hardware for a similar price. Though I like Gigabyte they do not deal with gigabyte so that is out of the question for now.

code is not working properly.

ATX Mid Tower Case w/450 watt PS Core2 E4300 1.8ghz 2M / 800FSB cpu Asus P5GZ-MX skt 775 motherboard 1gig DDR2 -667 ram

The Intel 945GZ graphics memory controller hub(GMCH) and the ICH7 I/O controller hub provide the vital interfaces for the motherboard. The GMCH features the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, an integrated graphics engine for enhanced 3D, 2D, and video capabilities. The GMCH provides the interface for processor in the 775-land package with 800/533MHz FSB, dual channel DDR2 at speeds of up to 533MHz. The new Intel Graphics engine has new capabilities that provide a significant increase in graphics performance. DirectX 9 hardware acceleration, 400MHz core clock, and up to 224MB of video memory all together provide a full-value, high performance graphic solution to you. Through a dual-independent display technology, different content can be displayed on each monitor or stretched across both displays for more workspace

Omnios
August 14th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Hi hi this is the motherboard I was quoted.
P5GZ-MX
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=348&model=1374&modelmenu=1

I am currently looking into get a new quote for this motherboard as it is only $20 or $30 more than the above board but have read two bad reviews that where rebuffed.
This motherboard has a intro onboard nvidia SLI tech.
P5NSLI (http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=331&l4=0&model=1311&modelmenu=1)
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=331

I would really like to get some feedback help here as my old 1.6ghz was a rambus lemon.