PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Back on good 'ol linux

dmacdonald111
August 13th, 2007, 04:29 AM
After leaving linux for a year, I decided to reinstall and give it another go. Well, actually I didn't have a choice - w1nd0$3 went banjax on me. Now I have both. hehe.

Anyhoo. Have to say that I am totally impressed with Feisty (the old cd I had is obsolete I discovered after installing. lol) I remember all the trouble I had before with setting up my ati (sigh) card and I won't even go into how long I spent trying to get Beryl/Compiz working! But I installed Feisty, the driver for my ati card AND compiz with NO problems whatsoever so I think I am going to stay a while and learn a bit more! So.... Hi all! :lolflag:

Warren Watts
August 13th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Welcome (back) to the Community!

Being a previous Ubuntu user, I'm sure you realize what a valuable resource this forum can be.

dmacdonald111
August 13th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Totally! I am gonna be glued to this forum :D

starcraft.man
August 13th, 2007, 04:49 AM
After leaving linux for a year, I decided to reinstall and give it another go. Well, actually I didn't have a choice - w1nd0$3 went banjax on me. Now I have both. hehe.

Anyhoo. Have to say that I am totally impressed with Feisty (the old cd I had is obsolete I discovered after installing. lol) I remember all the trouble I had before with setting up my ati (sigh) card and I won't even go into how long I spent trying to get Beryl/Compiz working! But I installed Feisty, the driver for my ati card AND compiz with NO problems whatsoever so I think I am going to stay a while and learn a bit more! So.... Hi all! :lolflag:

Uh... what is banjax? Am I too young?

Hi there anyway, I'm glad your install went so well. If ya need a bit of starting help, useful links in my sig.

Anyway, have fun :).

dmacdonald111
August 13th, 2007, 05:00 AM
Too young? I hope not. Cos that makes me feel REALLY old! lol (I'm not so :P ) hehe. Anyhoo, banjax is 'gone pear shaped' or just broken.

Thanks, I'll have a butchers (butchers hook - look) at yer sig!

bobbybobington
August 13th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Thats the nice thing about linux, if the current version doesn't work good enough you KNOW later versions will improve, and if not you can always find a better distro.:)