PDA

View Full Version : How catch thier attention ?

Mba7eth
August 12th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Hi everybody,
I am a new employer in a big company, have been employed in network department (we have over 300 cisco equipments to connect the company branches ). I am a fresh employer here just had my college degree in computer science. I'm almost CCNA certified (going to take the exam in a couple of weeks), plus my general knowledge in network is quite good as fresh employer.
Here is my problem :
Because i am fresh everybody around are dealing with me as a kid. and have been doing nothing since i joined the team!! every time i asked my boss to give me a task, he says "I busy right now i once i got one i'll give it to you!!". Later i realized that my boss just don't want me to touch the cisco's configurations on all the devices !! i don't know when he will start to trust my knowledge ? Even other ppl in the dept. They just don't want me to interfere their work or do it for them!!

Now i wanna do something that will
Catch everybody's attention !!
Like preparing a report, do a clever move or what ever just to let them know that i am not the wrong man in the wrong place !!!!

Thanx alot in advance everybody :)

ErusGuleilmus
August 12th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Start doing tasks that you know you can do without them assigning it to you. I had the same problem as you once, and it worked for me.

slimdog360
August 12th, 2007, 06:59 AM
take the time and relax. When they do give you something to do, then do it well. I've been in my position for about 8-9 months now and have do stuff all compared to what the others get to do. Then again most of the stuff we deal with is worth millions and very dangerous, so perhaps its best that I dont touch too much at this stage.

Mba7eth
August 12th, 2007, 08:34 AM
So can anyone provide me with a kinda cleaver report to do ?
I know it's a tough Q. :)