PDA

View Full Version : Short survey about three-dimensional GUIs users-need participants!

Giacomodium
August 11th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Hello to all, I’m leading a research in the field of geographical sciences and spatial models for the University of Bologna ( Degree course in geographical sciences): in particular I’m developing a survey about the utilization of three-dimensional graphical users interface (GUI), both in free-open source operating systems (Beryl, Compiz, Metisse, etc.) and in proprietary operating systems (Windows Vista). I would ask you if you want to participate to this survey. The simple questions form can be downloaded from here www.scienzegeografichebologna.it/3ddesktop/ and then you have to send it filled to me: giacomo.andreucci@unibo.it by Thursday 23 August 2007.

Your cooperation it’s really important for me, thanks!

Giacomo Andreucci

Steveway
August 11th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Nice but you shouldn't use .doc.
At least don't use .doc for the Linuxform.
Your better of with .odt.

Giacomodium
August 11th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Sorry, now it's odt!!!:)

Steveway
August 11th, 2007, 11:52 AM
That's cool, I allready sent my answers in and changed it to .odt.
I hope you tell us the results of your survey.

Lucifiel
August 11th, 2007, 12:00 PM
"5) In your opinion the three-dimensional GUIs make using computer more similar to a ludic experience than bi-dimensional interfaces?"

Btw, what do you mean by ludic? I totally don't understand this question at all.

Giacomodium
August 11th, 2007, 01:29 PM
About the question 5) excuse me for the expression "ludic" that isn't clear, I mean "similar to a game experience", now I'have corrected it in the form... Bye!
Giacomo

Redache
August 11th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Answered and e-mailed.

Lucifiel
August 12th, 2007, 06:22 AM
You got an email. :D

a12ctic
August 12th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Sent.

google made this so easy gmail+gdocs, I didn't even have to leave firefox.

Giacomodium
August 12th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Hi guys! Thanks for all your e-mails, I also hope that others send e-mail, I need many more participants, spread the voice of this survey!Thanks!

Giacomo

Giacomodium
August 17th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Hello to all. At the moment we have received about 50 questions forms filled. This is a great result but, for validate our analysis, we need at least 100 questions forms filled. So we kindly invite you, if you haven' t done, to fill the questions form that can be downloaded from here www.scienzegeografichebologna.it/3ddesktop/ and then you have to send it filled to: giacomo.andreucci@unibo.it by Thursday 23 August 2007. Your cooperation it’s very important for us, thanks!
Best,
Giacomo Andreucci

lingnoi
August 17th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Just sent in one for you. Good luck!