PDA

View Full Version : Any tips/products to stop/lessen snoring?

xyz
August 9th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Of course you can make fun of me! No problem but I'm really looking for "something" that helps...other that sleeping standing up!

I'm told it's unbearable...do you by any chance know how to at least turn down the volume??

Mazza558
August 9th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Sleep elsewhere?

LaRoza
August 9th, 2007, 02:24 PM
First, make sure you don't have sleep apnea. If you do have this, all methods commonly use will fail, and your health is at risk.

If someone is around when you sleep, ask them to listen for times when you stop breathing (snoring) for a longer than expected period.

smoker
August 9th, 2007, 03:01 PM
don't sleep!

or maybe there is some info here:
http://sleepdisorders.about.com/cs/snoring/a/snoreaids.htm

best of luck.

popch
August 9th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Wearing something which makes it extremly uncomfortable to lie on your back, such as a shirt with a hump sewn in. It's just hearsay, but it's reputed to work.

How do you know that you snore? Do you wake up from the noise?

xyz
August 9th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

@MAZZA558
Sleep elsewhere? easier said than done...
@LaRosa
apnea = that's one other thing I'm very worried about
@smoker
I'll try not to sleep but expect very STRANGE threads from me on UF!!
I'll check out your link.
@popch
I wake up whoever I sleep with or even in the same apt sometimes...let alone when I drank too much...and yes it's happened I woke myself up as well...

LaRoza
August 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM
@smoker
I'll try not to sleep but expect very STRANGE threads from me on UF!!

Try the BUMP thread, you will be able to post all the time without violating any rules.

popch
August 9th, 2007, 03:31 PM
There was an article on that very topic on Swiss German TV (in MTW, I believe). I seem to remember that someone had invented some kind of brace to place in your mouth which prevented snoring - once you got used to it.

The best advice I can give, however: see a doctor

Dragonbite
August 9th, 2007, 05:23 PM
A swift elbow into the back!

That cured me of snoring!

I snore.. my wife hits me.. I stop snoring (partially because I'm awake).

Seriously, though, I found I don't snore when I'm sleeping on my side, but on my back I almost always snore (or at least breath veeery heavily).

Sunflower1970
August 9th, 2007, 05:36 PM
A swift elbow into the back!

That cured me of snoring!

I snore.. my wife hits me.. I stop snoring (partially because I'm awake).

Seriously, though, I found I don't snore when I'm sleeping on my side, but on my back I almost always snore (or at least breath veeery heavily).

Yup. That works. Hubby snores. I thwap him (gently though) he rolls over on his side...snoring problem solved (till he decides to roll back on his back...)

terrywinkle
December 15th, 2010, 08:43 AM
For snoring. Try reading this article, it may help.

http://hometreatment.net/home-remedies/generalized-problems/how-to-stop-snoring/

Paqman
December 15th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Depends what causes your snoring.

A good cheap one you can try is nasal strips. I've tried all sorts of different stuff and these seem to do the trick for me. Plus I reckon the wife has got used to it a little more, which helps.

HermanAB
December 15th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Simple, don't sleep on your back. Any other position is snore free.