PDA

View Full Version : Which Web Browser do you use?

jbaerbock
August 9th, 2007, 05:00 AM
I'm trying to see which Browsers are the most popular. Thus far FireFox is mine.

Zzl1xndd
August 9th, 2007, 05:01 AM
FireFox, But I also have Opera as a back up

sysikon
August 9th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Mozilla Firefox, sometimes Opera

I love Firefox!:)

bmannering
August 9th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Firefox defiantly... I somewhat cringe everytime I see someone with internet explorer.

jbaerbock
August 9th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Please add a reason why you have chosen said browser as your favorite. For example speed (loading etc..) features (particular ones or general ones) etc...

pluviosity
August 9th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Firefox!

RAV TUX
August 9th, 2007, 05:10 AM
For a multiple choice enabled poll with more options see this poll titled:
Poll: Which Web Browsers do you use? (multiple choice enabled poll) (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205060)
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205060

In this poll I would have to choose "other" because I use both Opera and Firefox equally and like them both just as much as the other. I have also found myself using Konqueror more often.(a multiple choice enabled poll with more options would be great) ;)

BoyOfDestiny
August 9th, 2007, 05:12 AM
I'm trying to see which Browsers are the most popular. Thus far FireFox is mine.

Firefox hands down. I'm using Minefield/3.0a8pre alpha releases for the page zoom feature. It's something I've wanted for a long time.

For terminal, I use either w3m or links2 for surfing.

Anyway screencaps below showing how the firefox full page zoom helps me out.

(laptop screen is 17" 1920x1200 so 133 dpi)
Before sites with small images and fixed width was a pain, since the text would resize but not the columns.

Pic 1: Default
Pic 2: Larger Text (old way I used to resize, sometimes turning off css)
Pic 3: Page zoom function

As for the colors don't worry, I just match my system theme.
And yes, the full page zoom scales images perfectly too. And is fast. So well, I'm going to stick to firefox. Also it now matches the themes widgets (command buttons, etc.)

:guitar:

jomiolto
August 9th, 2007, 05:16 AM
Konqueror because it works much faster than Firefox for me and integrates better with KDE. Sometimes rarely I use Firefox when some page doesn't work in Konqueror and sometimes I also use Opera just for kicks...

stmiller
August 9th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Nautilus is not a web browser. Perhaps you meant Epiphany?

yatt
August 9th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Firefox: Stumble Upon.

Spr0k3t
August 9th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Firefox, epiphany, Links2

There have been times when firefox crashed and refused to come back up. There have also been times when X refused to load and I had to use lynx. The main reason why I use firefox is due to portability, footprint, and extensions. I haven't found any other browser which fits that bill.

tehkain
August 9th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Epiphany. It doe everything i need it to do and it does it perfectly. When webkit in epiphany becomes stable I will switch over to that. Firefox and Gecko are getting bloated. Also I would like to see more people adopt epiphany so that they can create extension.

The one thing I would like inside of epiphany is liferea.

jbaerbock
August 9th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Thught you could browse the web in nautilus, haven't used Gnome in awhile sorry.

frodon
August 9th, 2007, 08:43 AM
This poll truly miss epiphany as option without it it i wonder how interesting this poll is.

My vote is epiphany, the fastest and sweetest web browser ever :)

miggols99
August 9th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Konqueror because it is well integrated into KDE and starts up faster too.

LookTJ
August 9th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Firefox because it has what I need and it is Open Source.

hessiess
August 9th, 2007, 09:22 AM
firefox becose its the dafalt and works perfectly well

popch
August 9th, 2007, 09:37 AM
firefox becose its the dafalt and works perfectly well

+1

sunexplodes
August 9th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Epiphany for sure.

It's fast, integrates with my GTK themes, and all the Firefox extensions I used have Epiphany equivalents (adblock, flashblock, etc). I miss a couple minor Firefox features, but the speed boost is well worth it.

bwtranch
August 9th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Firefox definitly rules The amount of security and plug-ins is(are) the best. Their damn spell-checker however is the worst. I am getting really pissed off on this one. I looked up oh screw it, I am going to spell it the way I do definately and I don't care. So there, I have been to college and I can spell things the way that is normal.:)

The nice thing about firefox is that it is open source and that there are all these plug-ins written for it. That is really cool and of course, some work better than others, so you have to be careful. I really like StubleUpon (I knew them when they were just puppies) and Foxmarks.:KS

ssam
August 9th, 2007, 11:47 AM
epiphany
(i voted nautilus in the hope that a mod will rename that option)

Pancetilla
August 9th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Epiphany and, more seldom, iceweasel.

I voted "other"

LaRoza
August 9th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I use Opera for several reason even though I like Firefox better. Since my situation won't apply to most people, it makes little sense to explain.

smoker
August 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM
i've always used firefox, though i am getting a bit fed up with it - seems to slow down after a while, until i restart it, then it is fine again!

epiphany seems to be getting a lot of positive remarks, so i think i'll give it a try.

LaRoza
August 9th, 2007, 03:27 PM
i've always used firefox, though i am getting a bit fed up with it - seems to slow down after a while, until i restart it, then it is fine again!

epiphany seems to be getting a lot of positive remarks, so i think i'll give it a try.

Turn of memory cache. (It holds website in RAM, and over time it adds up)

smoker
August 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Turn of memory cache. (It holds website in RAM, and over time it adds up)

i can see an option to clear it, but not to turn it off, unless i'm looking in wrong place?

LaRoza
August 9th, 2007, 03:37 PM
i can see an option to clear it, but not to turn it off, unless i'm looking in wrong place?

Set it to zero.

jrusso2
August 9th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I use Firefox even though its a memory hog because of the nice plugins that I can use.

Pekkalainen
August 9th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Other: Epiphany.
Because it does a better job than Firefox, I cant be more specific than that.

smoker
August 9th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Set it to zero.

thanks, will do:lolflag:

Old Pink
August 9th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Nautilus is not a web browser. Perhaps you meant Epiphany?http://www.filehive.com/files/0809/Screenshot-nautilus.png

Nope, no web support, and yet two people have voted they use it? :confused:

WishingWell
August 9th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Replace Nautilus (a file browser) with Galeon or Epiphany.

WishingWell
August 9th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Firefox definitly rules The amount of security and plug-ins is(are) the best. Their damn spell-checker however is the worst. I am getting really pissed off on this one. I looked up oh screw it, I am going to spell it the way I do definately and I don't care. So there, I have been to college and I can spell things the way that is normal.:)

The nice thing about firefox is that it is open source and that there are all these plug-ins written for it. That is really cool and of course, some work better than others, so you have to be careful. I really like StubleUpon (I knew them when they were just puppies) and Foxmarks.:KS

When it comes to security firefox is the one with the worst track record of all of the listed browsers.

It does some things well and other things not so well, overall, it's a great browser in many ways but less secure than others.

jbaerbock
August 9th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Sorry my bad on the poll guess I did mean epiphany and not nautilus, the people who have voted for nautilus mentioned that they ment epiphany.