PDA

View Full Version : World in Conflict - Beta

LyokoHaCK
August 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I tried to run world in Conflict off of my WIndows partition that I mounted (I'm using Feisty 7.04 <all updates>). I got the following error:

root@Swade-Ubuntu:~# cd /media/windows/program\ files/Sierra\ Entertainment/World\ in\ Conflict\ -\ BETA/
root@Swade-Ubuntu:/media/windows/program files/Sierra Entertainment/World in Conflict - BETA# wine wic.exe

err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_33.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\media\\windows\\Program Files\\Sierra Entertainment\\World in Conflict - BETA\\wic.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\media\\windows\\Program Files\\Sierra Entertainment\\World in Conflict - BETA\\wic.exe" failed, status c0000135

I'm going to assume that the first line of error will dissipate when I install WIC into my wine fake windows drive.
Please help.

hikaricore
August 8th, 2007, 05:49 PM
This version didn't run under WINE: http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=8145 (hopefully this is the correct game)

I can't find any other versions listed in the database, are you sure that it even runs under Linux using WINE?

Homunculi
March 18th, 2008, 02:22 PM
i just got the real game .. i am having trouble with it because it will not see any files on the disk
and i have installed it on a windows system it works just fine ...
i would like to get the game working under wine ...
if there is any help or tutorial it would greatly appreciated

:guitar:

rock on