PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a benchmark tool for Ubuntu. Like 3dmark for Windows

bash
August 7th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I just got myself a new PC. Works flawlessly under Ubuntu so far (might be coz I switched from ATI to Nvidia ;) ). So now I wanted to do what the good windows computer users does and run a round of benchmarking so I can go boost around with the results.

I had to realise that sadly 3dMark doesn't exist for Linux. So I am looking for something similar for Linux/Ubuntu. And no glxgears is not a benchmark test. And if anyone knows a program that works both under Lin and Win it would be the best, so I could compare the results to other machines running windows.

PrimoTurbo
August 7th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I haven't come across anything like that myself would be interesting if something cross-platform exists.

Maybe a timedemo of doom3 or quake4 would work well?...But then you need the games installed.

smoker
August 8th, 2007, 12:20 AM
it is not what you are looking for, but the 'ubcd' has some bench-testing apps, it is a bootdisk, though, will only test your hardware, not your ubuntu install. info and download here if interested : http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/