PDA

View Full Version : Halo almost runs on Cedega 6

izanbardprince
August 7th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I spent a few minutes playing Halo on Cedega 6, it runs ok except for.

Minor performance issues.

Some graphical glitches, example is Master Chief's ammo counter doesn't show, and when you kill a bad guy the parts of the map where his blood splattered turn white.

Some game glitches, you can change your video options on the title screen, but doing it in-game will cause a crash.

Sound doesn't sync quite right when there's a lot going on.

Multiplayer works, but after you get killed and re-spawn, you're stuck in place, also the escape button won't bring up the menu to let you exit, so I ended up restarting X to get back to my desktop.

Considering how many DirectX features Halo uses, it's a wonder it works at all, hopefully by Cedega 7, Halo will be fully supported.

starcraft.man
August 7th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Ummm, that's nice. Why are you posting this here though? If you want to submit these for correction by Cedega you should post on their forum.

kanem
August 7th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Because he wanted to let us know that playing Halo on Ubuntu may be possible in the future? It's certainly a pleasant surprise for me.

PrimoTurbo
August 7th, 2007, 09:18 PM
You can play it using wine:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=486986&highlight=Halo

izanbardprince
August 7th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I thought Cedega ran games better than WINE, and that Halo was still unplayable on WINE.

PatrickMay16
August 7th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Ummm, that's nice. Why are you posting this here though? If you want to submit these for correction by Cedega you should post on their forum.
What's wrong with your attitude? You wanna say something?!

starcraft.man
August 7th, 2007, 09:40 PM
What's wrong with your attitude? You wanna say something?!

Nothing and nope (got no problem with Cedega, used it a few times). I just didn't see why he was posting about Cedega 6 on the Ubuntu forums, Cedega has their own forums. That would of course be the best place to submit the problems for fixing. I wasn't trying to sound mean, just pointing to the right place (just like if someone tried to submit a bug report to cafe I'd point them to launchpad or a third party site).

Consequently, if you (OP) do want to submit the problems in detail, Cedega has multiple ways of reaching them via their support (http://www.cedega.com/support/) page (I think email is the preferred way for bugs, not sure).