View Full Version : Web-based teaching modules for plant pathology (biology?) applications for R

August 7th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I've seen a good bit of interest in R here from other users so I thought I'd share some of my work with the forum. I hope it's not taken as shameless self promotion, I really do hope these are helpful to someone here.

The first module probably would be the most useful, we don't cover Linux installations but that's pretty easy to do anyway, we assumed Linux users were able to do that. ;) It does cover basic commands and usage of R though with a biology type slant.

The other four documents have more specific applications for plant pathology but I think that there are some good illustrations in there for different techniques for R users.

Currently three documents are under peer review for publication on an educational website, the other two are being tidied up and ready to go here shortly.

I hope someone finds these modules useful.

August 8th, 2007, 12:09 AM
From someone just starting R, this is great! Thanks a lot!

January 8th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Just an update, all of these documents have been reviewed and accepted for publication.

The links to the most current version can be found here until everything is officially published on the American Phytopathological Society's server.