bribaetz
August 5th, 2007, 06:51 PM
i need a good ide and compiler all in one kinda thing i need this for
either C++
PERL
BASIC
python
RUBY
any thng for those will work as imnot very good at any of those and can learn any of thosei have absolutly no expeiriance in perl or ruby:lolflag:

jnorthr
August 5th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Frankly, i'd give the ide's a miss until you've learned the basics of each language. The command line syntax will teach you so much more than using a gui. If you use a gui you will not be able to know if problems are in your code, in the compiler, in the libraries or in the gui. Using command line development (at least to start with) will remove one obstacle. Then start with scripting languages like perl until you get the hang of basic i/o bitsn and bobs, then you will be in a better position to tackle basic, which is such an old language one needs to ask the question, why ?

You will need to become a better developer b4 you start working with C as it is a different animal altogether. But good luck, let us know how it goes.

Tomosaur
August 5th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Using an IDE to learn how to program is not a very good idea, as it allows you to become lazy and let the software take control for the critical but mundane parts.

As jnorthr said - you should learn what you need to know (via text-editor programming and trial and error), then you can afford to become lazy and start using an IDE for increased productivity but with less work.

bribaetz
August 5th, 2007, 07:11 PM
i can program in 2 different languages right now 3 if you count html i know some cPP and batch i also have a few commands for python
i just need a compiler if you could direct me to one that would be great
or a .deb site that would be cool
edit i think all i need is a compiler forget the ide
i relly would aprieciate any help