PDA

View Full Version : holy cow I just found out what podcasts are

slimdog360
August 5th, 2007, 08:07 AM
How cool are they, Ive heard of them mentioned plenty of times before but I never bothered with them.

Anyway I was listening to jjj, an Australian radio station, and wanted to find out what song they were playing so I went onto their website to find out. I couldn't find what they were playing but I find some of their podcasts and decided it was time to give it a try.

Awesome, now I have free, great new music to listen to.

edit: I should mention that I just got an iPod shuffle so maybe that swayed me to looking into these podcasts. I must say that dam the sound quality of those shuffles is unbelievable.

BOBSONATOR
August 5th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Nice, I should listen to more podcasts, I currently listen to the Hourly News Summary on NPR.org

Adamant1988
August 5th, 2007, 08:25 AM
How cool are they, Ive heard of them mentioned plenty of times before but I never bothered with them.

Anyway I was listening to jjj, an Australian radio station, and wanted to find out what song they were playing so I went onto their website to find out. I couldn't find what they were playing but I find some of their podcasts and decided it was time to give it a try.

Awesome, now I have free, great new music to listen to.

Podcasting is always cool, but I never really got into it. It reminds me a lot of 'talk shows' on the radio, which I also never listened to.

slimdog360
August 5th, 2007, 08:35 AM
yeah, I always for some odd reason thought that they were just a thing for talk show type thingies. But teh music rocks.

jackmc
August 5th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Hooray for JJJ! are you an Aussie? It is constantly on, somewhere around me :)

Midwest-Linux
August 5th, 2007, 09:29 AM
linux podcasts directory

http://www.thelinuxlink.net/

slimdog360
August 5th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Hooray for JJJ! are you an Aussie? It is constantly on, somewhere around me :)

yep, from newcastle

tcpip4lyfe
August 5th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Nice, I should listen to more podcasts, I currently listen to the Hourly News Summary on NPR.org

I listen to This American Life on NPR. I love that show. Its kept me in the car in my driveway many times.

ltk5
August 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I rarely listen to podcasts.. don't like the talk thingie too much. but the music is really nice :d