PDA

View Full Version : Mac vs PC rap..though why is there never Ubuntu?

Depressed Man
August 5th, 2007, 05:56 AM
I surf a couple forums and donationcoder is one of them. They code great donationware applications that makes using Windows easier. And I found this on their version of "community cafe". It's a Mac vs PC battle but with rap. A catchy song that's being sold on various mp3 sites such as iTunes now lol. I may get it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkrn6ecxthM

Though I wanna see one where Linux sneaks up on both the actors and jump on them. All the ones that have involved Linux have always portrayed the person as a geeky nerd. :(

Compucore
August 5th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Well there is that or the old addage of linux commercial I thought was cute on youtube. Too bad they didn't really air these. Would have been nice to see. I remember these were posted elsewhere within the forums. Sorry for the repost of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-329Czokjk

Compucore

Quillz
August 5th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Novell did some commercials a while back with all three platforms, Linux was a younger woman who was able to wear various jackets and other clothing, representing the open nature of Linux, whereas both Windows and Mac were stuck with "Aero" and "Leopard," respectively.

Compucore
August 5th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I never really had seen them up here in Canada personally I had only seen them on Youtube which was in the previous link that I had posted before there. But it still good to see these kinds of things though.

Compucore

Novell did some commercials a while back with all three platforms, Linux was a younger woman who was able to wear various jackets and other clothing, representing the open nature of Linux, whereas both Windows and Mac were stuck with "Aero" and "Leopard," respectively.

starcraft.man
August 5th, 2007, 06:30 AM
I surf a couple forums and donationcoder is one of them. They code great donationware applications that makes using Windows easier. And I found this on their version of "community cafe". It's a Mac vs PC battle but with rap. A catchy song that's being sold on various mp3 sites such as iTunes now lol. I may get it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkrn6ecxthM

Though I wanna see one where Linux sneaks up on both the actors and jump on them. All the ones that have involved Linux have always portrayed the person as a geeky nerd. :(

If there is some higher power up there (or at least a friendly alien) I hope he is generous and make's sure a geeky rap including Linux is never made..... it could only end badly. Really badly. *crosses fingers*

EdThaSlayer
August 5th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I really liked that rap((I saw it before thanks to Digg videos). Well, I think the linux community is too busy fighting eachother?If someone raps about ubuntu, then the Gentoo guys would get mad.

Quillz
August 5th, 2007, 09:24 AM
The Linux community, from what I've read on this board at least, is too busy bashing Microsoft to make their own commercials.