PDA

View Full Version : Exponential growth of ubuntu

rosslaird
August 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I was just browsing the forums, and I noticed that there were about 5,000 other people on the forums at the same time. This seems incredible to me. I remember when (only a couple of years ago) I could look at the list of online users at any given time and see maybe a dozen names -- people who, for the most part, I had shared ideas and challenges with. My, how things have changed.

I think it's great that ubuntu is spreading. But change sure does change things.

Cheers.

Ross

Dimitriid
August 4th, 2007, 07:58 PM
But change sure does change things.

Yes that is usually the case with change :lolflag: :)

But yes I think timing and the fact that the distro is doing things right its making it very attractive to newcomers.

HermanAB
August 4th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Actually, the more things change, the more they stay the same...
:)

Warren Watts
August 4th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I only joined about 10 weeks ago, so I can't comment on "the good old days", but I can say that I have never been a member of a forum that has the community spirit this one has, regardless of it's size.

I have never had a problem go unanswered for more than about two hours, and the help I have received has always been well... helpful... :D

In this spirit, I try and spend at least an hour every day reading thru new posts, commenting and helping where I can. It's the least I can do, and I think lots of other folks feel the same way.

Long live the Ubuntu Community!

Adamant1988
August 4th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Behold the power of viral marketing :)

phrostbyte
August 4th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Ubuntuforums might qualify as the most active web forums on the Internet now.

Nezing
August 4th, 2007, 10:44 PM
After I'd installed Feisty,back in May,it was not long before I temperary "hit the buffers",but very quickly,lots of forum members came to my aid,and have continued to do so,at my point of need.In return,when I can,I help back.This forum site is the best there is,without question.The friendly ethics is what keeps me here.Not forgetting Feisty of course. :)

Ralob
August 5th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Ubuntuforums might qualify as the most active web forums on the Internet now.

not quite the top but it is definitely upper tier. i cant remember where it was posted, but a website has stats on the top so and so forums and ubuntuforums made the list but not the top. still, a hell of an achievement. :popcorn::popcorn:

MellonCollie
August 5th, 2007, 12:52 AM
http://www.big-boards.com/

ubuntuforums.org is at #568