PDA

View Full Version : Unprofitable Web Project

Snitz
August 4th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Hello,

I own http://www.psytruth.com (http://www.psytruth.com/) built on Joomla and Modular Plazza template.
Basically the site is about atheism, science, revolutions, anarchy, illusions and all these things.
If anyone interested in being an editor or something, please let me know.

nichipet
August 4th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Got this error on IE 6, Win XP:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/revoluti/public_html/psytruth/components/com_magazine/magazine.php on line 652

Snitz
August 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Got this error on IE 6, Win XP:
I know, there is no website at the moment. However, the domain is ready, the idea is ready, the script and template are ready. We just need a group of people to get into it.

Anyone?

nichipet
August 4th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I know, there is no website at the moment. However, the domain is ready, the idea is ready, the script and template are ready. We just need a group of people to get into it.

Anyone?

I don't know about anyone else, but personally I would prefer to see the site before volunteering to be an editor for it. Or at least see relevant documents, such as, in business lingo, a vision statement or statement of purpose.

Snitz
August 4th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but personally I would prefer to see the site before volunteering to be an editor for it. Or at least see relevant documents, such as, in business lingo, a vision statement or statement of purpose.

You're asking too much man.

nichipet
August 4th, 2007, 08:21 PM
You're asking too much man.

I don't think so, really. I'm asking for the focus of the website, basically. Your original description sounded, to me, more like trying to criticize paranormal (for example), but the name of the website seemed to suggest more of a pro- approach. I'm not sure which it is and seeing the website (if it's designed and just not uploaded, why not upload it for a few hours or a day so we can see it?) or reading some sort of statement (which isn't a bad idea to write anyway, so readers will have a clear presentation of what the website is all about) will make it much easier to understand what direction(s) you are hoping to go with it.

Snitz
August 4th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I don't think so, really. I'm asking for the focus of the website, basically. Your original description sounded, to me, more like trying to criticize paranormal (for example), but the name of the website seemed to suggest more of a pro- approach. I'm not sure which it is and seeing the website (if it's designed and just not uploaded, why not upload it for a few hours or a day so we can see it?) or reading some sort of statement (which isn't a bad idea to write anyway, so readers will have a clear presentation of what the website is all about) will make it much easier to understand what direction(s) you are hoping to go with it.
Ok, I will do it tomorrow. Just a question for such a website, should the layout be light or dark? Or it doesn't matter?

nichipet
August 4th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Ok, I will do it tomorrow. Just a question for such a website, should the layout be light or dark? Or it doesn't matter?

I don't think it matters ultimately. Easy to read is the main issue.

As a sidenote, I'm not sure if you want to advertize the website with links in your signature and such until it's up. It can leave a bad taste to click the link, hoping to see what you have to offer, and then getting an error page.

Snitz
August 4th, 2007, 08:27 PM
The Website is fixed.
That's the main layout of the website, we can change it if needed.

Snitz
August 4th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Everyone who's interested, please send me a pm. Demo of the website will be provided upon pm request.