PDA

View Full Version : How To Date A Geek Guy

Milk & Toast & Honey
August 4th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I just read this blog, it's kinda old, but it's worth read, specially to ladies who want to date a geek :)

One for the ladies: How to date a geek guy? (http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=one_for_the_ladies_how_to_date_a_g eek_gu&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1)

NB: If this is a repost, moderators are pleased to take an appropriate action (delete this thread :) ), thanks.

PatrickMay16
August 4th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Heh heh! Well I never. DENIS DENIS DENIS. My name is Deven... but you can call me Gallo.

smoker
August 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM
lol, there's a lot of truth in that! :-)

upthelum
August 4th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Nice one i've promptly emailed it to the missus...

insane_alien
August 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM
i think my gf has read that at some point :P

BarfBag
August 4th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Dang... that's 100% true!

sanderella
August 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I love this, sounds just like my man.........but he's a chartered accountant.:confused:
Duuuuhhhh

FuturePilot
August 4th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Lol. That is so true!

Be direct. Geek guys tend to be in a shell.
Yes I do tend to find myself in bash quite a bit.:lolflag:

prizrak
August 4th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Lol. That is so true!

Yes I do tend to find myself in bash quite a bit.:lolflag:

That was bad.

insane_alien
August 4th, 2007, 05:48 PM
That was bad.

yeah, so bad i fell out of my chair laughing.

now, i shall continue rofling

forrestcupp
August 4th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I have a couple of problems with it.

1. Some geeks are insecure about their masculinity because they can't measure up to the hulking jock.

2. For people who rarely laugh out loud, they sure use LOL a lot

3. Girls don't want to date geeks, so why bother?

jrusso2
August 4th, 2007, 06:43 PM
And the reason why a women would want to date a Geek guy is?

euler_fan
August 4th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I love it!

While I am myself more of a math/stats geek than a computer geek enough of it was applicable that I sent the link to my GF (who is an ME/Math double major and at least as geeky as I am).

Thanks for posting it.

Euler_fan

VChief
August 4th, 2007, 07:45 PM
And the reason why a women would want to date a Geek guy is?

I knew I had seen this somewhere before....http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html

Darkhack
August 7th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Another big reason that girls should consider geeky guys is that we are very technical people. Using an operating system is a lot like having sex. Your typical jock who just uses Windows will barely do anything new or exciting and just sticks to the basics. He does his work and then logs out.

Linux guys like to work a little bit. At first we might gawk when we first see you, but only because we are excited and desperately want to touch. We have no problems compiling from source to get it "just right". We love to work on computers and won't stop until we are satisfied. We will stay up all night long pounding away (at the "keyboard"). Gently caressing the mouse and applying kernel patches to get your "hardware" running. Once you are all warmed up and want something a little rough, we'll start mounting your partitions and fsck you all night while on top. You'll be typing yes more until finally your CPU reaches its peak and memory is full and before you know it, we have a core dump, scattering our files all over the place. Sometimes women get so excited they have a kernel panic and need to rest for a bit before rebooting to continue and finally we goto sleep. They are usually so pleased that I wake up the next morning to find that she is giving me a very nice cronjob. I think we deserve a lot more tail than the jocks get.