PDA

View Full Version : So easy a caveman can do it.

Keen101
August 4th, 2007, 07:41 AM
hahaha....

I had a crazy idea. To have a really funny banner to have for when we are handing out CD's. I came up with this......

..If we did use it I think at the very least it would bring people over....

(I may have infringed on some sort of copyright, but it was totally worth it!)

cheers,

-keen101

p.s. I made it myself! :D too!

lisati
August 4th, 2007, 07:51 AM
I think the idea has possibilities

Vorian
August 4th, 2007, 11:12 AM
:lolflag:
@keen101, we are getting complaints from the cavepeople. *kidding*

I like it!

tahnok
August 4th, 2007, 11:42 AM
me like new ad. me thinks me know what you is saying :wink:

FunnyLookinHat
August 4th, 2007, 05:20 PM
That... is FREAKIN HILARIOUS

Not sure about copyright issues... but since we're a small local gig and we have no real money (so we can't really be sued for much, just forced to take it down and never use it again) I say we try to get it printed somewhere!

Problem is, printing banners is hella expensive... so I'll leave that to your devices. : )

Keen101
August 4th, 2007, 05:40 PM
:) thanks. I had a really hard time editing the background away from the real one, so I could do this. (if you zoom in on his arm, you can kinda see some pixels, but I suppose someone good at blurring could fix that.)

I think it would be awesome to get this printed. But, funnylookinhat does have a point. Banners are really expensive. Think system76 or someone would be willing to pitch in, because it's so funny?

anemptygun
September 27th, 2007, 01:41 AM
lol. thats great.

chefbodini
October 6th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Maybe not a banner but use it more like letterhead then add basic instructions, URLs, etc... This would allow you to include one with each CD and heck, even post 'em in public places to drive membership!

Love the graphic btw!

Just a thought...

Njall
October 7th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Hi, I just signed up for this list.

Good idea! I like it too.

Regards copyright issue; all that is needed is to ask Geico for permission. If it is given then there is no copyright issue. They might see it as a win-win situation. Esp if a "small" "Image used by permission of Geico" exclamatory is placed at the bottom edge of the picture. They are, witness the zillions of TV ads, obviously interested in getting their name recognized everywhere.

Never underestimate the power of asking.

Of course they might say no too. While that might be dissapointing; it isn't the end of the world. And Ubuntu / OSS people "respect" others' "real" rights. Don't we?

In which case, change it... to something without the pic and text... some example texts perhaps:

"Add you'ser." with a picture of popcorn?

"Unsafe without you'sers."

"Certified Safe for all you'sers."

"So easy a you'ser can do it."

The phrase "you'ser" is copyright Nelson Ingersoll, 2007; and is licensed for public and private use without restriction. 8-)

- Nelson, a.k.a. Njall
IANAL; but I did sleep last night.

KNIGHTLY420
September 12th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Freakin awesome! :lolflag:

Keen101
September 13th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Thanks. I think it's hilarious too. I made that a while back. I've been meaning to try and make a higher resolution one, but i haven't had the motivation, and i don't know if i'd be able to anyway.

But, i should get a shirt made with that on it though.

heh.