PDA

View Full Version : Resizing swing windows

akshayas1986
August 4th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Hello people,
About 2 days ago, I came to know about topcoder.com and became quite interested in it..For those who dont know about it, its an online programming site full of coding contests and matches..

Well I am guessing that their arena for coding is built on Java Swing (They say its on java. But looking at the 3d buttons,frames etc etc, I think its Swing)

But the arena window is really tiny.. If I resize the windows, only the frame increases in size but the contents inside still remain quite small..

Please help.. I am also using Beryl.. It caused issues while using Frostwire (P2P like limewire) which is also in java swing.. Please help:(

Thanks
Akshaya Srivatsa

TreeFinger
August 5th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Hey, I have no answer for you. I don't even know what your question was!

Sorry, but I became interested in this topcoders site you mentioned. From my 10 minute research into the website I found that C is not included in most of the challenges. Is this true?

nitro_n2o
August 5th, 2007, 06:54 PM
try to run the code without Beryl and if you still have the problem post you code here

akshayas1986
September 30th, 2007, 02:30 PM
@TreeFinger

Topcoder engine works on OOPS programming methodology. C does not support it. Hence you need to know C++ or Java or C#

@nitro_n2o
About the resizing, its because of Beryl. Beryl and Java always run into issues I guess. Thanks Nitro for your suggestion.