PDA

View Full Version : UBUNTU in AMD Sempron.

cmrk07
August 3rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
Hi, My name is Maruthi. I am from Guntur.

I am using AMD Sempron 2800+ with AM2 chipset, 256 DDR2 ram and 80 GB hdd.

I am using SP2 XP now. I tried UBUNTU 7.04 LIVE CD to install. I waited nearly for 40 - 50 minutes. But the installation did 'nt start on my PC.

I have doubt. Doesn't AMD SEMPRON processor support UBUNTU.

Pls reply me for this query friends.
I await for ur reply.

Steven_B
August 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
The Sempron processor probably isn't your problem. What steps did you go through, and at what point did the LiveCD hang?

shavenlunatic
August 3rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
jesus, splash out on a ram stick! heheh

note: not implying that ram is your problem but you might want to look at the alternative install cd....

ashvala
August 4th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Is it 64 bit?

7mm
August 31st, 2007, 01:52 PM
It Doesn't Matt'r If It's 64-Bit OR Not, All The Proccessors These Days Comes With 64-Bit Support, So It Shouldn't Be An Issue There.

I'm a Bit Surprissed With The Amount of RAM Installed, Though It's OK With Minimum Required Installed As 256MB, But I'd Suggest You Upgrade It With 1GB Minimum. With Droping Prices It Will Cost You Around Rs.1500-1800 With Brands Such As Tanscend & ZION. I've Done It With 256MB & It Took About 28 Min. To Load, So It Could Be.

I Doubt It's You Optical Drive (CD/DVD), Clean Up The Disc & Drive Tray. See If That Helps. Try Same Media With Other PC With Minimum Requirements Installed & See If It Works. If Does Well Than Try To Replace Your Optical Drive & Give It One More Shot. Good Luck.

Don't Forget To Share Your Experience.

bharadwaj
April 10th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hi, My name is Maruthi. I am from Guntur.

I tried UBUNTU 7.04 LIVE CD to install. I waited nearly for 40 - 50 minutes. But the installation did 'nt start on my PC.

I have doubt. Doesn't AMD SEMPRON processor support UBUNTU.

Can you be a bit more specific please. Like, has the Live system ever started? were you able to see the Ubuntu splash before XP ever started?
if that is the case then may be you must check out the BIOS boot priority settings..

If the system is starting you were able to navigate through the Live OS. but get stuck before the installation process starts then try installing from Alternate DIsc I am sure these would fix your problem..

bbharatsony
July 26th, 2008, 06:40 AM
There might be a problem with your RAM try to take your computer to a computer shop and get your RAM checked.

friendsforravi
March 18th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Try ubuntu 8.10 now.

Its working fine with my system.

aiser
December 1st, 2009, 08:25 AM
;)