PDA

View Full Version : Massive Mod Chip Raid, Courtesy of the US Gov't

%hMa@?b<C
August 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
honestly, can tax dollars not find better usage.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/piracy/massive-mod-chip-raid-sweeps-nation-285007.php

Matakoo
August 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Not to mention...why is Homeland Security interested in cracking down on modchips? Call me crazy, but this sounds like something more appropriate for the local police to handle. Good to know they have their priorities in order I guess ;)

Turboaaa2001
August 2nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
... Now that the threat of terrorism and border safety concerns are a thing of the past we can finally get down to dealing with the real threats to America's borders... dodgy copies of Wii Sports. ...

Um, ya sure. Whatever.

So they have the chips made in the last year. Now I have to wait 24 hours and order one from the internet and get it in 3 -7 business days. THE MINOR INCONVENIENCE THE US GOVERNMENT HAS CAUSED EVIL DOERS!!!!

@trophy
August 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
Um, ya sure. Whatever.

So they have the chips made in the last year. Now I have to wait 24 hours and order one from the internet and get it in 3 -7 business days. THE MINOR INCONVENIENCE THE US GOVERNMENT HAS CAUSED EVIL DOERS!!!!

The sad part is that they're providing an equally minor inconvenience to those who want to do bad things to airplanes... while simultaneously making life miserable for the rest of us who have to fly!

Maybe if everyone in the country pitched in 5 bucks we could buy our government back?

Turboaaa2001
August 2nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Lets see,

301,139,947 idiots, I mean citizens.
X $5 USD

That would barely pay for an agency. I say we should band together and buy a plot of land near the coast and give anyone who wants to circumvent copy protection amnesty for their products.:lolflag:

fumduck
August 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
protect and serve???

juxtaposed
August 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
Not to mention...why is Homeland Security interested in cracking down on modchips?

They'll probably say modchips support terrorism.

protect and serve???

Profits, not people.

aks44
August 2nd, 2007, 10:05 PM

Now we finally know why the USA couldn't find any WMD in Irak... Their troops burnt the whole country but overlooked the gaming consoles...

Call the UN !!!!

Matakoo
August 2nd, 2007, 10:34 PM

Ah, now I see...they know of some Playstation disc that contains missile-launching software usable outside of the make-believe world. Wonder which game that would be...Ratchet and Clank maybe?

It all makes sense now. Then again...Homeland Security at one point, maybe still, claimed that Linux and Open Source did support terrorism...I suppose because it's impossible to prohibit export. Then again...I'm trying not to laugh at that so-called "proof" if you want to call it that. The image of a meeting between high-ranking terrorists having the following kind of conversation is...well, surreal to say the least.

"Well, what are we going to do now? The U.S. doesn't allow Microsoft or Apple to sell their products here."
"We could download it from a usenet group or pirate bay."
"Are you crazy?!? Have you any idea of what the no-piracy lobbying organizations would do to us if we were to be exposed? Now, what to do about the missiles and the poisonous gas we've acquired? What would be a suitable target..."

There is something wrong with that picture...

jgrabham
August 2nd, 2007, 11:35 PM
Dont console game anymore anyway, but one of my Friends (doesnt hate MS, but doesnt worship it like other people I know) has a 360, modchipped it and got around the netplay block thing.