PDA

View Full Version : Is Macs/Mac hardware as people say they are?

Espreon
August 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM
I found some vids on YouTube by jungiantheology (his vids are cool, he hates Winblows too!). He claims that Mac hardware is better than PC hardware is this true? Also he claims that the hardware lasts longer than PC hardware.

Also before I start dreaming, would there be compatibility issues that x86 software would not work the a Mac's processor?

Crashmaxx
August 1st, 2007, 02:59 PM
Macs now run x86 and you can even run Windows XP on them. AFAIK, they are normal PC components inside more or less.

The way the systems are put together with pretty cases and all, you could argue makes them better. But they are fairly overpriced for the specs you get. The only thing you really get from a Mac is the fact that since Apple controls the hardware and only uses a few different components, and therefore OS X will always 'just work' and I believe that has a lot to do with why you can drag and drop to install software.

Espreon
August 1st, 2007, 03:04 PM
Thanx, I think I won't shell out a crapload, oh an d BTW your avatar is reminding me of that good episode of Futurama. Penguins picking up guns... LMAO.

curuxz
August 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
PPC was pretty good for a while but it was decliing from what i heard in the end, prone to breakages as well.

Sounds like just a mac fan trying to get people off windows without looking at the hardware correctly :)

walkerk
August 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Wow.. I just watched 2 videos.. one from that guy and one from his enemies? These people need lives..

handy
August 1st, 2007, 03:29 PM
Compatibility & reliability is what you get with a Mac. You don't get cutting edge performance.
At least these days they are not SO expensive, or as difficult to get non Mac=($) peripherals to work. There was a time when you had to buy a printer cable from Apple to use a non Apple printer, & it cost approx' $150- Aust'.

As I've said in the forums before, Apple are at least as business nasty as M$, they just weren't as "smart" as M$ in that regard. They are more pleasingly creative though.