PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Needs Job... Badly.

@trophy
August 1st, 2007, 03:43 AM
So, since there's no employment forum, I thought there should at least be an employment thread: if you're looking for work, post here. If your company is hiring, recruit here. It's simple, really.

Anyways, I'll start things off:

I'm working as a web developer right now at a local travel booking company, but it's definitely time for a new job.

I'm proficient in the following languages: ASP, ColdFusion, PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Java, C++, VB.NET, Windows and Unix shell scripting.

I'm proficient with the following software: Photoshop, ImageReady, DreamWeaver (although I prefer to code all my pages by hand), Lightwave, Avid, SonicFoundry, CoolEdit, Blender.

For the last few months I've also been administering a heterogeneous network (Wintel, Apple, and Linux), so I've picked up quite a bit of networking experience as well.

In my spare time I am a photographer. To see some of my work, check out http://www.iworkinpixels.com.

I'm looking for any of the following positions either in the Springfield, MO area or by telecommute:

web developer
web designer
java/vb.net/c++ programmer
network admin
photographer
graphic designer

My resume is attached to this post.

TBOL3
August 1st, 2007, 03:55 AM
Forgive me, but I don't think this would work. The whole thing would become a big mess. But I do think a thread would work.

@trophy
August 1st, 2007, 03:57 AM
Forgive me, but I don't think this would work.

But I do think a thread would work.

Huh? What do you mean?

bread eyes
August 1st, 2007, 04:01 AM
...Wintel...

lol, that sounds so old.

tbroderick
August 1st, 2007, 04:02 AM
So I thought there should at least be an employment thread

Try Monster.com.

Depressed Man
August 1st, 2007, 04:05 AM
Huh? What do you mean?

It would get pretty cluttered as more people post in here. And it's harder to navigate and take a look at resumes when they're scattered throughout posts in this thread. And as with conversation, the longer a thread gets. The specific subject (say who's applying for a job or trying to get an employee) is going bounce alot.

TBOL3
August 1st, 2007, 04:06 AM
Excuse me, I mean employer forum, not thread.

@trophy
August 1st, 2007, 04:32 AM
Excuse me, I mean employer forum, not thread.

Oh ok. Yeah, I posted in here a while ago saying there should probably be an employment forum. Nobody else thought it would be a good idea.

My argument was that if you're a recruiter looking for reasonably qualified help on Linux systems, then this would be an ideal place to find great people that are easy to work with. Conversely, this forum would be a great place for me to drastically reduce the odds of ending up working for a total jerk again.

TBOL3
August 1st, 2007, 05:40 AM
Yep, I agree with you, however, I'm not an admin/moderator here, so I can't make one.

@trophy
August 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
Yep, I agree with you, however, I'm not an admin/moderator here, so I can't make one.

Well ok so there's two votes... is there an admin here who thinks this would be a good idea? At least enough to run a trial of it for a little bit?