PDA

View Full Version : 1000 beans!

Old Pink
August 1st, 2007, 03:17 AM
This is it folks, 1000 beans at Ubuntu Forums.

Average of 3 posts per day, taken around 11 months, 0.03% of all posts on this forum are mine. Shame I can't get that type of action on my blog (http://www.mbhoy.com). ;)

Well, I'm quite impressed with myself, it's more than I've ever posted anywhere else, ever, even on many of my own previous forums. Interesting.

Long live Ubuntu. :)

- Matt

Old Pink
August 1st, 2007, 03:19 AM
Hold the phone! It stayed at 999!

Community Cafe posts don't count? In that case I must've made an easy 1250 (ish) lol.

Anyone know where I can get an accurate figure?

*goes to help beginner in beginner forum to get 1 more post*

juxtaposed
You probably have many more posts then a thousand. That's just the beans I think :P

My profile says 108 posts but it definitally much higher.

fuscia
wow! awesome!

Old Pink
August 1st, 2007, 03:22 AM
Ah. 1000 beans. :) *happy*

fuscia, you have twice my count, not quite as awesome in perspective. ;)

juxtaposed, shh! Your bean count is hidden! We're not supposed to know! ;)

fuscia
August 1st, 2007, 03:24 AM
dude, i hate to say this, but it's not total, but quality that counts. why not quote your favorite of your posts and we'll all celebrate its brilliance?

TBOL3
August 1st, 2007, 04:00 AM
Wait, I'm confused, if beans are one's post count, I should have up near 100 by now.

aysiu
August 1st, 2007, 04:29 AM
Wait, I'm confused, if beans are one's post count, I should have up near 100 by now.
Only posts in the support sections count as beans.

gl0wst1ckn1nja
August 1st, 2007, 04:37 AM
i dont have a lot of beans

aysiu
August 1st, 2007, 04:38 AM
i dont have a lot of beans
Beans are overrated. People should not judge you by how many beans you have.

Tux Aubrey
August 1st, 2007, 04:53 AM
Old Pink, congratulations! You should sell some on ebay to get back what you paid in ISP charges racking them up.

The last time I looked they were going for nearly 87 cents (US) per bean - but the recent crash of some of the big Hedge Funds may have dragged them back down closer to the long-term average of 73 cents/bean. I heard Warren Buffet was hording Ubuntu Forum Beans and may be planning to offload a lot to cover losses on the secondary mortgage market. Several of the more experience Forum members and Mods are believed to be under investigation over a rash of short-selling traced back to insider information.

If you do decide to hold them, I think you get invited to a special club with secret handshakes, code words and everything.

;)

~~Tito~~
August 1st, 2007, 04:58 AM
I like beans they make me make special smells and sounds. :lolflag:

bread eyes
August 1st, 2007, 05:36 AM

I don't think many do.

FuturePilot
August 1st, 2007, 05:37 AM
Congrats!

I see I still have 2 coffee cups. The last time one ran away on me.:lolflag:

Motoxrdude
August 1st, 2007, 05:41 AM
LMAO. 1,000 is not really something to brag about. Wait till you get to 10,000 ;)

Old Pink
August 1st, 2007, 03:19 PM
Beans are overrated. People should not judge you by how many beans you have.I don't think many people do, either.

But remember, cries for help up the bean count as much as helping others does. :(

Old Pink, congratulations! You should sell some on ebay to get back what you paid in ISP charges racking them up.

The last time I looked they were going for nearly 87 cents (US) per bean - but the recent crash of some of the big Hedge Funds may have dragged them back down closer to the long-term average of 73 cents/bean. I heard Warren Buffet was hording Ubuntu Forum Beans and may be planning to offload a lot to cover losses on the secondary mortgage market. Several of the more experience Forum members and Mods are believed to be under investigation over a rash of short-selling traced back to insider information.

If you do decide to hold them, I think you get invited to a special club with secret handshakes, code words and everything.

;)LOL That made me chuckle. :)

LMAO. 1,000 is not really something to brag about. Wait till you get to 10,000 ;)

It's over three times the amount you have?

... Actually, I'd understand if you had 10,000 posts and you were bragging, but how can you say this when you only have just over 300? :confused:

LaRoza
August 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
I have been here since April, and have over a 1000, but I don't follow that, beans don't really mean anything.

Old Pink
August 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
I have been here since April, and have over a 1000, but I don't follow that, beans don't really mean anything.Yikes! 9.42 beans per day!

I remember back when I had more beans than you, just a couple of weeks back.

You post quick, my friend. ;)

LaRoza
August 1st, 2007, 03:27 PM
You post quick, my friend. ;)

I am in school all day, with computers and VERY long breaks in between classes. Yesterday, my first class was at 0800, second at 1400, and my third at 1700. My third class was 4 hours long.

I stayed here 14 hours, so I spend a lot of time on their computers. Plus, I don't have an internet connection at home, so I have a lot to do. (My wiki, the forums, and learning).

swoll1980
August 1st, 2007, 04:01 PM

Yeh, look at me I've got a good amount of beans, and I still don't know what the hell I'm doing :confused:

Seisen
August 1st, 2007, 04:04 PM
Yeh, look at me I've got a good amount of beans, and I still don't know what the hell I'm doing :confused:

At least your honest.:lolflag:

smoker
August 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
isn't there a prize for a 1000 beans?

a diamond encrusted preview copy of the next release signed by the devs?

:lolflag:

~LoKe
August 1st, 2007, 04:30 PM
I seem to have LOST coffee cups. I wanted some of the fancy ones, but that ain't happenin'.

LaRoza
August 1st, 2007, 05:41 PM
You gained the different icons.

juxtaposed
August 1st, 2007, 05:49 PM

I don't think i've even done 108 posts in a support section...

Old Pink
August 1st, 2007, 07:11 PM
I know! I used to have "100% Pure Ubuntu" which I was proud of, it sounded like I was the man, top end of the scale type of stuff.

Then I was some weird fancy latte thing, which was a step down in my book, and now I think I'm deep roasted.

Motoxrdude
August 1st, 2007, 08:11 PM
... Actually, I'd understand if you had 10,000 posts and you were bragging, but how can you say this when you only have just over 300? :confused:

I do on another forum. If you don't beleive me it is [-omega-] at computerforum

FuturePilot
August 1st, 2007, 08:19 PM
I seem to have LOST coffee cups. I wanted some of the fancy ones, but that ain't happenin'.

I swear they have a mind of their own and like to run away on you.:lolflag:

Old Pink
August 2nd, 2007, 02:04 AM
I do on another forum. If you don't beleive me it is [-omega-] at computerforumI don't quite understand. Do you expect me to care? :confused:

lobner
August 2nd, 2007, 02:02 PM

Is there anywhere we might find a listing of the different ratings granted by the bean count?
Could be fun to watch how many more are needed to reach a higher level.

aysiu
August 2nd, 2007, 03:23 PM
Is there anywhere we might find a listing of the different ratings granted by the bean count?
Could be fun to watch how many more are needed to reach a higher level.
Read the Forum FAQ (http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=48).

happy-and-lost
August 2nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Beans != Skill... but they sure look impressive.

Congrats :)

lobner
August 2nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Read the Forum FAQ (http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=48).

Nice. Great policy - not to let people strive for it...

Old Pink
August 5th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Well, thanks for the congratulations, all. :)

anemptygun
September 13th, 2007, 11:59 PM

LAWL!

(Wow you've only been here a couple months and you have a lot of beans!)

RAV TUX
September 14th, 2007, 12:30 AM
This is it folks, 1000 beans at Ubuntu Forums.

Average of 3 posts per day, taken around 11 months, 0.03% of all posts on this forum are mine. Shame I can't get that type of action on my blog (http://www.mbhoy.com). ;)

Well, I'm quite impressed with myself, it's more than I've ever posted anywhere else, ever, even on many of my own previous forums. Interesting.

Long live Ubuntu. :)

- Matt
Mazel Tov! 1072 beans as of today. ;) September 13th 2007

c00lwaterz
April 9th, 2010, 05:04 PM
cool. it so much beans you have