PDA

View Full Version : A Cup of Ubuntu: Louisville Redux

Zuph
August 1st, 2007, 01:47 AM
Hey guys. Summer semester is over and I'm bored as all hell right now. Let's get together and talk about Ubuntu or Linux or the meaning of life or whatever. Basically, just chill in a coffee shop somewhere in Louisville. I'd prefer the Heine Brothers at Bardstown Rd. and Eastern Pkwy, because it's really easy to find, but if anyone else has any other ideas, I'm game.

Now, for a date and time: I'm free for the next 3 weeks. Everyday. What days are best for us Louisvillians?

etank
August 5th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Lets really try to get these things going. It will be great to get to meet in person from time to time. This is a great way to do it too.

jkeyes0
August 8th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Frankfort might be a nice midpoint to have some meetings. There's a starbucks right near the second Frankfort exit on I-64 (exit 53, I believe).

Zuph
August 12th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Frankfort might be a nice midpoint to have some meetings. There's a starbucks right near the second Frankfort exit on I-64 (exit 53, I believe).

I try and avoid Starbucks as a matter of principle-- The coffee isn't that good, and the Wifi isn't free.

Either way, if you are in Louisville, and reading this, I HATE YOU because none of you respond to anything. How can I be the only huge Linux nerd in this town? Or are you all just antisocial? We can have the coffee meetup in my basement and instead of coffee there can be mountain dew?

etank
August 17th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Well I say we get together anyway. If we show that we are going to actually meet then maybe others would start to come.

Condoulo
October 27th, 2007, 05:56 PM
yeah, it would be nice if there could be more meetings in Louisville,

Tom Grady
November 6th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I'm a Newbie to all this, but if you have any meets in Louisville let me know.

Tom Grady
November 6th, 2007, 05:03 PM
WOOOPS !

Looks like these posts are pretty darn old...anyway..if anything new comes up, let me know

Zuph
November 6th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I'd be more than willing to do a meetup sometime during November. Anyone want to step forward with some date suggestions?

Teknyk
December 9th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I don't care how old this thread is...
November is over but I would still be game for a meetup. After the holidays perhaps? Anyone?

Zuph
December 12th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I don't care how old this thread is...
November is over but I would still be game for a meetup. After the holidays perhaps? Anyone?

Sure. Sometime in January would work out for me. The rest of this month is a little full-up, though.

1337noob
February 16th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Wow, this is awesome! A whole forum dedicated to Kentucky and Ubuntu :D