PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Bio

aptenix
July 31st, 2007, 10:23 PM
Hello All,
I just came across information on this effort on Digg, so thought I would lend a hand. Here's all the relevant info:

Chris Gregan
cgregan@aptenix.com
Years working with Linux - 8
Years working with Ubuntu - 1
Current Distros running: SLED10, Ubuntu 7.04, Edubuntu 6.10, Kubuntu 7.04, OpenSuse10.1, Knoppix 5.2,

I'm the founder of Aptenix Desktop Solutions, an open source consulting company based out of Frederick County. I focus on Small Business, Education, Local Government, and Non-profit organizations. I help solve software needs by analyzing requirements, then recommending, piloting, and supporting open source solutions on the desktop.

I also like to give back to the community, so I donate QA testing time to OSS Projects, log defects, review documentation, and manage to leave some time free to talk to schools, and local groups about the history and philosophy of the Free Software movement. If there is anything I can do to help out in my local area, please let me know.

ChuckFrain
August 1st, 2007, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the group!

I look forward to talking with you about your experiences and some of the specifics of what you do paticularly in the realm of advocacy. Our last meeting has some discussion on that very topic.

rhoderickj
August 1st, 2007, 03:23 AM
Welcome Chris. It's great to have you on board (and a fellow Fredericktonian no less!). Like Chuck said, our last meeting went into depth about our future advocacy efforts and we're in the process of establishing an operations teams to manage presentations on Ubuntu and FOSS. Your experience will be greatly appreciated!

-- Josh