PDA

View Full Version : (fullscreen) programming with dual monitors

Angry
July 31st, 2007, 08:15 PM
I was wondering if there were any available resources that could point me in the right direction in regards to programming with multiple monitors.

I am playing around with C++/SDL/OpenGL and have Beryl running. Currently, going fullscreen causes my rendered scene to be placed half and half in both monitors, and subsequently bordered by black space. I can turn off Beryl and eliminate it as a potential failure point - but the end result remains the same.

I suppose my question is both a) how can I go fullscreen in a single monitor? And then b) go fullscreen utilizing both montors as a single rendering space?

Thanks in advance.

brooksbp
August 1st, 2007, 06:49 PM
Sounds like a vid driver bug. You should look into that for your specific graphics card. As for going fullscreen utilizing both monitors, you have to check your drivers again. You can always drag the window by yourself.

Short term response: don't maximize, resize manually to close to full screen?? I assume you're a big boy/girl.

Angry
August 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Ok...

// set sdl surface depth to system depth
const SDL_VideoInfo* video = SDL_GetVideoInfo();
int depth = video->vfmt->BitsPerPixel;

int vf; // video flag(s)
vf = SDL_OPENGL; // using OpenGL
vf |= SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER; // enable double buffering
vf |= SDL_HWPALETTE; // store palette in hardware
vf |= (this->_settings->fullscreen()) ? SDL_FULLSCREEN : SDL_RESIZABLE;

// store surface in video or system memory, based on hardware availability
vf |= (video->hw_available ? SDL_HWSURFACE : SDL_SWSURFACE);

// use hardware acceleration if hardware blits available
if (video->blit_hw) vf |= SDL_HWACCEL;

// set sdl video mode
if(!SDL_SetVideoMode(width, height, depth, vf))
throw sys_error(std::string("could not set sdl surface. SDL returned:\n") += SDL_GetError());

now, if I choose SDL_FULLSCREEN, I don't have anything to drag or maximize. And I am a big boy.