PDA

View Full Version : The Gibbon

Sunforge
July 31st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Just tried the Tribe 3 Live CD. It took a couple of goes to find a computer that it would reliably boot on before I got into it.

It looks pretty good from where I'm sitting. I like the more closely integrated desktop effects and they're brushed up their interface (again)

Has anyone else tried it yet?

Paul820
July 31st, 2007, 04:39 PM
i can't get it to work properly on my laptop, boots up with about 10 error boxes saying so and so can't start because of an error. I get a black desktop, with a wastebasket icon, a home icon, and an install icon. No panels and no way to reboot. :( I'll just have to wait until october to see it.

Espreon
July 31st, 2007, 05:03 PM
Worked fine 4 me (upgraded from Feisty to Tribe 3) except Compiz Fusion/Beryl stopped working (what fun is a desktop with no CF or Beryl?).

tehkain
July 31st, 2007, 05:10 PM
I am posting this on gutsy. I have moved my desktop over since all my work(remote IDE) and data is stored on a highly stable box. So I moved my PC to gutsy since testing is essential and it will not mess with my work or home requirements even if it were to die.

So far I have had a few issues with gutsy. The restricted manager does not use glx-new, it loads nvidia-glx which doesnt have the extensions for my card, and my card requires it for 3d, closed drivers bah.

The new appearance manager is amazing.(just needs to let me disable wobbly)

%hMa@?b<C
July 31st, 2007, 05:11 PM
I am waiting on a more stable version before doing anything out of a VM

Sunforge
July 31st, 2007, 05:33 PM
For something that isn't feature complete let alone stable, it's looking good so far.

I didn't post this in the gusty forum as it's a general comment thing.

Neo0351
July 31st, 2007, 10:28 PM
I'm running Gutsy on my laptop. It's a Toshiba Satellite A65 so its a little older, but it's running great. I've been using Gutsy since the tribe 2 release and it hasn't broke, just a little bug here and there which is usually fixed the next day if not that day. However, I can't get tribe 2 or tribe 3 live cd's to boot on my girlfriends computer and her's is a Toshiba A105. It's about 6 months old so go figure, but Feisty runs just fine on her's. Oh, I had some problems with Compiz at the beginning too, but it looks like all is well now.:)